Weird problems after installing gtz 670 drivers.

Kapitalisten

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
Okay, ill try to explain this in a..good way..

Alright, happy as i were i got a text saying that my gtx 670 windforce 2gb had arrived and i gladly ran there to pick it up.
and well... 1hour after installing the card problems came

Firstly i installed the drivers trough the CD (wich i know now that i shouldent have) and well everything was working, i played battlefield and things were going smooth for about an hour. After that it felt like it was lagging, so i thought ill just reboot the computer. And when i did that.. Satan takes a dump in my computer..

for 20reboots it says that the CPU is overheated (well after 3 tries i did let it rest for 1 hour so its impossible)
when i finally after a while is able to get past that screen. It says that my windows have crashed and asks if i want to
*repair it
*start it as usual
And here comes the more annoying part...
m
I tried both, repairs wont work and when i start it ''normally'' my computer bluescreens just when the windows logo is about to show up.

i tried everything, safe mode.. Nothing worked everything crashed... UNTUIL i went for ''use last good settings used for this computer''

THAT WORKED..i thought.

Now instead of beeing overheated, windows bluescreening.. My keyboard/mouse wont work. So i cant login...

This is really frustrating and ive been sitting here for 12hours bashing my head into the wall..

NOTE. I did try to put my old graphic card in but the problem remained..

Any suggestions?

Hardware details.
2tb hdd
2x 60 ssd (raid)
gtx 670 windforce old one was (AMD Radeon HD 6950 (moded to 6970)
motherboard Crosshair IV formula

Software:
Windows 7

Kapitalisten

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012

Hi my PSU is on 650w so it shouldent be problem with that part.

I have tried and as for now.. Im getting kinda worried to boot my computer more and more since ive done it nearly 200times already.

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Well the brand can mean alot too, but seeing as you were running a 6950 before its not really the highest priority you just didnt list it in your specs...

Can you plug the hard drive into another computer and delete the drivers manually?

Kapitalisten

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
It does sound pretty catastrophic, especially that your keyboard/mouse are not working could be a faulty piece of hardware... there are quite a few possibilities for those symptoms...

Can you even boot from a cd like your windows disk?

If you need to remove the drivers on another computer they are stored in your system32 folder, think they all begin with nv and will end in .dll, if you highlight them with your mouse it will say something about Nvidia

Installing the CD drivers isnt the best idea, but shouldnt cause you problems like this...

Kapitalisten

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
can it be the graphic card causing everything? should i contact the reseller?
im looking for the CD right now.

i work at a big company perhaps i should check with the computer department and see what they have to say

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Its possible if it wasn't installed correctly or the motherboard got some static discharge etc... How far do you get with the booting process before you BSOD?

I wouldnt contact the reseller or manufacturer just yet as they will probably get you to RMA the card and that may not be the cause of your problem... Also they are unlikely to provide any assistance with another manufacturers products...

I would speak to someone with your computer department as it would be useful to have another machine to test your components on..

Kapitalisten

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012

right now i get to the windows login part (where i type in my password) my keyboard and mouse works in bios/bootup but not at the login part

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
How many devices do you have plugged into your usb ports? try unplugging any unnecessary ones and switching about your mouse and kb and see if you get any response..

Kapitalisten

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012

just the keyboard n mouse. tried 4diffrent mouses.. will try one of those oldies

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Doesnt sound good, could be your motherboard....If PS/2 doesn't work then disconnect all power from your computer for a couple of mins and clear CMOS then boot up again and retry your usb ports...

TRENDING THREADS