Eyefinity or 1 2560X1600?

rylant

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
Hey folks. So, I am on the verge of building a sick gaming PC (thanks for the help with that, by the way), and I really want to improve my current 27 inch 1920X1200 display. I am hearing pros and cons to getting 1 amazing monitor capable of a 2560X1600 resolution. I hear that gaming looks great on these monitors, but there are limitations, and I also know that some suggest that these IPS monitors aren't well suited for gaming. Yes, the resolution is amazing, but the 60 hz limit and 7 or 8 ms response time are limiting.

The other option is to go eyefinity and do 3 monitors. The resolution isn't as good, but you can get some good angles and huge screen size. I think the bezels on the side would bother me.

I am willing to spend the money on one or the other, but wanted to get the forum poster's opinion on the subject. Which one do you like better? If I went with 1 monitor, I would probably go with the Dell 30 inch IPS, but I really am not sure which monitors to get if I decide to go with the eyefinity setup.

Thanks agin for the input here, guys.

Rylant

Simple solution, get 3 30 inch monitors!

Okay seriously, gaming on a 30 inch 2560x1600 is fine. I bought one a little over a year ago, best investment I ever made. There's a whole world of colours out there that I didn't know existed until I turned it on. The response time is inherent to IPS panels and is very well masked by the display design and tweaks in the AMD/NVidia drivers, I never notice it.

There are a few drawbacks however. Big monitors draw a lot of power, mine draws about 100 watts and gets quite warm sometimes. Some games also have problems running 2560x1600 but the display will flawlessly handle 1920x1200.