tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Has anyone out their gotten their SB Live(ct4760 mp3+) to work with XP?

First of all the card worked and still works with W98 perfectly(dual boot). I love this card. But when I installed XP it identified it and loaded its native drivers but I never got a peep from it. So I waited for the new driver from Creative but when I tried it, it told me "Setup could not detect any SB Live hardware on your system, Check to make sure it is installed correctly". Well it has to be if it still works with W98.

So I installed an older ISA SB16 card and it worked with XP. But that is not the card I want to use plus the great software that came with the card only works with the SB Live, Windows Media player sucks for playing music and MP3 from the HD and it just sucks in general.

I've tried different PCI slots, enabling and disabling PNP. Is anyone else having this kind of trouble?

Could it be my AMD 600, Gigabyte 7ixe, XP combo?

Heck LINUX works fine with the card too(dual boot). And people say it isn't compatible with anything.

Novakain

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Mine worked OK (SB Live Platinum). It even worked with the generic drivers XP used. Is the card using the same settings (IRQ/DMA etc) in Win98 as in XP?

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Mine works pretty well. I don't have all the EAX stuff I had before, but I haven't ordered Creative's new driver CD. Honestly I can't be bothered. It plays my games, DVDs, and mp3s just fine the way it is.

Lyrics. Wasted time between solos.

Fuzz009

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2001
After seeing a skajillion amout of posts of creative products..With the help of others..THANK GOD..I now own a Santa cruz sound card..Problem free....I had enough of that crap

MIKE711

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2001
I have experienced exactly the same problem, running on Abit KR7A, and with n o success to date. I even purchased the latest CD for Audigy on XP from Creative's eStore, and still I cannot load the software. Has anyone got a way of resolving this?

FatBurger

Illustrious
I don't think that post was very helpful, especially a month and a half late.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Maybe you can try the XP driver from Creative's web site.

I don't think that post was very helpful, especially a month and a half late.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>