Black screen after installing drivers from disc for sapphire hd 7970

zhengalanzheng

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
My first time building a computer and I finished building it, but one problem.. Ok so I updated all the necessary drivers for my motherboard and then I went ahead and slid in the sapphire disc which will install catalyst control center I believe. It told me to restart and when I restarted, after the windows logo, the screen went black. Then I restarted the computer and tried to type in the password in the dark. Then a miracle happened and I could see my mouse cursor. I went ahead and start messing around and right clicked on the desktop > screen resolution > and then chose the second monitor? even though I only have one monitor... But thing is, it worked.. But no sound on computer. FYI, the graphics card came with this extra adapter for the monitor and I plugged it the monitor directly to the graphics card connector thing. Then I decided to reformating/reinstall OS. Now I'm about to put in the disc but I'm very hesitent, so I need your guys help.

*Reboot computer after installing CCC = black screen after windows logo.

Any solutions guys please help...

***I have the Sapphire HD 7970 graphics card.

okay when booting press f8 , boot in safe mode with networking, go to control panel and uninstall the drivers, go to amd's webside and download the up to date drivers, never use drivers that came with your cd as they are months old not including many fixes and what not

zhengalanzheng

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

I fixed this problem by setting my monitor settings to use HDMI then played around with the CCC/monitor settings.