Sign in with
Your question

New video cards help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 16, 2012 3:35:08 PM

last august i bought a new mobo and processor for my desktop. i then left for the army and now that im back i want to finish updating my system with new video card(s). i dont have a ton of money to spend. the setup i have now is an AMD Phenom II x6 1090T coupled with an ASUS M5A97 EVO mobo. im not sure if 2 smaller cards would be better than 1 bigger one. any suggestions would be much appreciated.

More about : video cards

October 16, 2012 4:38:34 PM

k any specific ones that will play nice with my mobo and cpu?
m
l
Related resources
October 16, 2012 4:38:45 PM

Your processor will be more then enough for most of videocards.
In low-mid budget radeon wins in most cases ( if you're not nvidia physx fan)
You can get 7850 1gb for only 165-180$ now : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
It's a good deal and if you have <=1080p screen 1gb will be enough.
And as already said, 1 "bigger" card :) 
m
l
October 16, 2012 7:08:13 PM

Wildwolf said:
Your processor will be more then enough for most of videocards.
In low-mid budget radeon wins in most cases ( if you're not nvidia physx fan)
You can get 7850 1gb for only 165-180$ now : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
It's a good deal and if you have <=1080p screen 1gb will be enough.
And as already said, 1 "bigger" card :) 

cool ill check that one out, i have a large screen 47" 1080p, the only problem i have at the moment is currently the amount of screen that is available is about 1 inch on either side over the the amount of screen used :/  not a biggie but hopefully new card will fix that up. Now that that problem is solved also gonna pick up a new hard drive cuz the old hitachi isnt cutting it anymore, such a pain to always have to go back into the bios setup and change the drive connection from AHCI to IDE after every bios change, thanks for the help
m
l
October 16, 2012 7:22:11 PM

Quote:
cool ill check that one out, i have a large screen 47" 1080p
Size doesn't matter for graphics card , only resolution
Quote:
i have at the moment is currently the amount of screen that is available is about 1 inch on either side over the the amount of screen used :/ 
check monitor menu->adjust size or something like this.
95% that graphics card will not resolve this problem
m
l
!