Video Card Recommendation for 2 Displays on DisplayPort

bjw122

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
Hello,

I have 2 Dell Ultrasharp U2412M displays, which each have a displayport connector. My PC is 20 feet away from these displays. I want to run 1 (if I can find a MST hub) or 2 displayport wires to these 2 monitors.

I do not play video games, but I watch and edit HD videos. What AMD Radeon card should I get? I guess I need one with a single displayport output and a MST-hub OR a card with 2 displayport outputs. I would like to stick wholly with displayport (e.g. not use one displayport output and one HDMI output with a converter), if possible.

Thank you for your help!

bjw122

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
Thank you jsrudd.

I get all of my gear at Newegg. I tried what you said with the filters.

So, the requirements are:
- 2 mini displayport connectors OR 1 displayport connector + MST hub
- I don't play games
- I do HD video conversion and editing
- I'd like to spend under $250 and I don't want to buy much more video card that I need for my purposes (of course a healthy degree of "over built" is OK.

More precise questions:

1.] Is anyone having luck with a Radeon 7000 series card that has one displayport out and a MST-hub for driving > 1 display using Multi-Stream Transport? If so, can you recommend a Radeon 7000 series card and a MST-hub?

2.] If I go the route of using a card with 2 mini-displayport connectors instead of 1, which specific 7000 card would you recommend given my inputs above?

Thank you for your valuable input. I find it difficult to figure out which card meets my needs. . .many of the 7000 series cards seem like they would be extreme overkill for my needs.

bjw122

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012

Thanks. Guess I'll give up on the MST hub idea, how about ifI go the route of using a card with 2 mini-displayport connectors instead of 1, which specific 7000 card would you recommend given my inputs above?

TRENDING THREADS