Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help me pick the right motherboard

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 6, 2012 7:33:41 PM

Hello.. I'm building a gaming pc and my budget is 1000$ .
I've chosen all the other parts but still I can't decide what motherboard should I [ick.. here are the candidates :kaola: 

1-MSI Z77A-GD65 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

2-MSI Z77 MPOWER LGA 1155 Intel Z77 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

3-ASUS P8Z77-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z77 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

4-ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I want it to be good at overclocking and has decent futures Like Memory XMP.. If you have other boards on mind that you think will suit me better tell me about

here's the rest of my build:
-CPU - Intel i5 3570k ivy 3.4 turbo 3.8

-GPU - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100352VXSR Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16

-Ram - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866

-HDD - Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM

-Case - Cooler Master HAF 912

-PSU - CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Also if you have other suggestions to my whole build please tell me thanks <3

I will be buying from newegg/Amazon.
I might crossfire in the future.

More about : pick motherboard

a b V Motherboard
December 6, 2012 7:50:34 PM

The Extreme4 would suit your needs well.
m
0
l
December 6, 2012 7:59:01 PM

Deemo13 said:
The Extreme4 would suit your needs well.

Does it have the new Graphical bios and XMP ?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
December 6, 2012 8:04:36 PM

That I do not know, but I am pretty sure it would.

I do know though, that it would get the job done as well as any of the other boards at a better price.
m
0
l
December 6, 2012 8:08:37 PM

klagera said:
Hello.. I'm building a gaming pc and my budget is 1000$ .
I've chosen all the other parts but still I can't decide what motherboard should I [ick.. here are the candidates :kaola: 

1-MSI Z77A-GD65 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

2-MSI Z77 MPOWER LGA 1155 Intel Z77 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

3-ASUS P8Z77-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z77 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

4-ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I want it to be good at overclocking and has decent futures Like Memory XMP.. If you have other boards on mind that you think will suit me better tell me about

here's the rest of my build:
-CPU - Intel i5 3570k ivy 3.4 turbo 3.8

-GPU - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100352VXSR Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16

-Ram - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866

-HDD - Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM

-Case - Cooler Master HAF 912

-PSU - CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Also if you have other suggestions to my whole build please tell me thanks <3

I will be buying from newegg/Amazon.
I might crossfire in the future.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... I like this one alot. Has everything you want.

If you absolutely want one of the boards you picked, the Extreme4 is the only one I would recommend out of them, but it's out of stock right now and the GA-Z77X-UD3H is just as good.
m
0
l
December 6, 2012 8:13:26 PM

Deemo13 said:
That I do not know, but I am pretty sure it would.

I do know though, that it would get the job done as well as any of the other boards at a better price.

I see .. I will do some googling then :p  thanks fot your response :D 
m
0
l
December 6, 2012 8:15:41 PM

techdude9 said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... I like this one alot. Has everything you want.

If you absolutely want one of the boards you picked, the Extreme4 is the only one I would recommend out of them, but it's out of stock right now and the GA-Z77X-UD3H is just as good.

I'm totally a noobie at this stuff, those motherbords I showed you are the ones I found (or knew about) so I did not know about this gigabyte..sounds like a nice one tho..but I don't know my friends here advised me to go with asus or msi only, asus preferably >.>
m
0
l
December 6, 2012 8:22:14 PM

klagera said:
I'm totally a noobie at this stuff, those motherbords I showed you are the ones I found (or knew about) so I did not know about this gigabyte..sounds like a nice one tho..but I don't know my friends here advised me to go with asus or msi only, asus preferably >.>

Gigabyte is one of the most reliable for motherboards, aswell as ASRock. They are both very good boards, I went with Gigabyte because it matched all my other components color-wise but really there is barely a difference between them in terms of reliability and performance. MSI isn't as good as Gigabyte or Asus boards. btw ASRock = Asus if you didn't already know.
m
0
l
December 6, 2012 8:28:00 PM

techdude9 said:
Gigabyte is one of the most reliable for motherboards, aswell as ASRock. They are both very good boards, I went with Gigabyte because it matched all my other components color-wise but really there is barely a difference between them in terms of reliability and performance. MSI isn't as good as Gigabyte or Asus boards. btw ASRock = Asus if you didn't already know.

ahhh I did not know that :D  .. I will go and search on both the extreme4 and the Gigabyte you showed me and I will see if they both suit my need..if so then I will go with the gigabyte
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
December 6, 2012 8:30:54 PM

Gigabyte is very very good as well.

I got stuck with MSI, as when I went to Fry's, it was the only one that was in my budget.

With any board, if you overclock right its just fine. Mine ran up to 4.5 on air cooling.

I believe a little bit ago, ASRock broke apart from ASUS, but I am not sure.
m
0
l
December 6, 2012 8:34:43 PM

Deemo13 said:
Gigabyte is very very good as well.

I got stuck with MSI, as when I went to Fry's, it was the only one that was in my budget.

With any board, if you overclock right its just fine. Mine ran up to 4.5 on air cooling.

I believe a little bit ago, ASRock broke apart from ASUS, but I am not sure.

I dont think it's in there best to break up from Asus lol
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
December 6, 2012 8:35:01 PM

I love my P8z77-V Pro, lots of features and a "free" (i.e. mostly factored into overall price) wireless card/module.
m
0
l
December 7, 2012 9:35:13 AM

chugot9218 said:
I love my P8z77-V Pro, lots of features and a "free" (i.e. mostly factored into overall price) wireless card/module.

is it worthy of the 75$ between it and the Asrock Extreme4 or the GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H ?
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
December 7, 2012 5:16:16 PM

It should be less than $75 :/ 
m
0
l
!