Sign in with
Your question

Video Card Problem?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 16, 2012 7:04:08 PM

Hi, im currently having an amazingly annoying problem with my video card, 5 months ago i bought a xfx Radeon HD 6670 (1gb ddr5) last week i was plugging it to a LG 42' LCD through a 1.4 HDMI cable, and i dont know what happened but as soon as the tip of the HDMI cable touched the tv the lights went out. After i turn everything on, the PC is no longer giving me any image, just a black screen, i tried switching to my old card, a xfx GeForce 9500 GT and it works just fine (this card is 3 years old and now overheats beyond 180-190 degrees), well, forget about warantee, i threw away the receipt and manufacturer's warantee is no option for me since im in Argentina (South America), i got the video card to a service in my town and the guy fixed it, i mean, on his PC it just worked perfectly, to be sure beyond all doubt, i took my PC to his shop (just the cpu, no monitor) he installed the card and it works perfectly, i brought the cpu home and still the same problem, no image, just a black screen... i just dont understand why, with the exact same configuration the PC and video card both work perfectly at his shop but not at my place... any ideas?

these are my pc's specs:

Intel Core2Quad q8200 processor
Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2C v1 mobo
2 gb ddr2 mem
xfx Radeon HD 6670 1gb ddr5 (currently using xfx geforce 9500 gt 1 gb ddr3 instead and everything works)
Sentey ATX-450-P4 power supply
LG w2243s monitor (connected to video card through VGA cable)

More about : video card problem

a c 546 U Graphics card
October 16, 2012 8:11:04 PM

Is the AC wiring in your home wired correctly to your AC wall outlets?

What kind of display input did the service tech use, HDMI or DVI or VGA?
m
l
October 16, 2012 8:25:32 PM

yes, the wiring is fine, and before the incident with the tv/hdmi cable the video card was working just fine
and the service tech guy used the VGA input, the same im using, tried also connecting the video card to the tv again with another hdmi cable but the tv shows no signal, i also updated the monitor drivers, just in case, but still no image
m
l
!