Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Hi

Thought I'd give WolfET a try as a couple of buddies play it. But I'm
facing problems connecting.

Whenever trying to connect to any WolfET-server, I get the following
message:

__________
'Error: Protocol Mismatch between client and server.

The server you attemted to join is running an incompatible version of
the game.
You or the server may be running older versjons of the game. Press the
Auto-update button if it appears on the Main Meny Screen.'
__________

This happens on every server I've tried to join. I've just (less than
24 hours ago) downloaded and installed the game. I've also installed the
ET_patch 1.02.

Also I can't find any Auto-Update button anywhere. I've played RTCW
alot - both singleuser and on the net, but have never faced this problem
before.

The strange thing is that friends of mine who installed it
simultanously can connect to all servers.

I'm running XP Pro with SP2 installed. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

reaver

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2004

John Smith wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thought I'd give WolfET a try as a couple of buddies play it. But I'm
> facing problems connecting.
>
> Whenever trying to connect to any WolfET-server, I get the following
> message:
>
> __________
> 'Error: Protocol Mismatch between client and server.
>
> The server you attemted to join is running an incompatible version of
> the game.
> You or the server may be running older versjons of the game. Press the
> Auto-update button if it appears on the Main Meny Screen.'
> __________
>

> This happens on every server I've tried to join. I've just (less than
> 24 hours ago) downloaded and installed the game. I've also installed the
> ET_patch 1.02.
>
> Also I can't find any Auto-Update button anywhere. I've played RTCW
> alot - both singleuser and on the net, but have never faced this problem
> before.
>
> The strange thing is that friends of mine who installed it
> simultanously can connect to all servers.
>
> I'm running XP Pro with SP2 installed. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Thanks

Hrrm this is odd since you've got the latest version if et which is the
1.02 patch. The only thing I can think off is that you way need to
install etpro, but that should auto-download from the server.
http://bani.anime.net/etpro/