Sign in with
Your question

Help me please upgrade my hardware

Last response: in Systems
December 6, 2012 2:46:29 PM

Hello I have a compaq presario sr1000 pc ,now I want to upgrade the hardware so I can play games that require higher specs,ie processor ,graphics
here is my system info
Processor - amd sempron(tm)processor 3000+ 1.80 ghz
ram - 1.25gb
system type - 32 bit
I dont know how to find out what i can upgrade as i fairly new to this.
Any help would be much appreciated.

More about : upgrade hardware

December 6, 2012 3:31:20 PM

If you want to play games such as battlefield on high, you would need to replace everything that you've listed
December 6, 2012 8:30:40 PM

Ok ,the trouble I have is that I don't know what hard ware I can upgrade to .is there a program I can use or maybe someone can tell me ?
Related resources
December 6, 2012 8:41:12 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
a b B Homebuilt system
December 6, 2012 9:56:48 PM

You need to totally rebuild your system. You have nothing worth saving. What's your budget?
December 6, 2012 9:58:56 PM

I don't really have a budget at the moment ,I just want to know what I need then I will worry about the cost,can you help me ?
a b B Homebuilt system
December 6, 2012 10:00:32 PM

gazmister2004 said:
I don't really have a budget at the moment ,I just want to know what I need then I will worry about the cost,can you help me ?

I can absolutely help you, but not without a budget - the reason is that you can build a new computer for $500 or for $5000, and I don't want to just arbitrarily pick something out of your price range because that won't help you. Also, what do you want to do with this system? Game, surf the web, video editing, or what?
December 6, 2012 10:05:10 PM

Ok ,this may be riduculas but my budget would be around £300 ,I want the system for gaming and web surfing.
!