Wolfenstein with joystick???

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

I just bought Wolfenstein Return To Castle and I am not at all satisfied
with it. The joystick has been disabled! I have to use to damn keyboard!!
Why?!?

Why can I not use the joystick???

Who was the idiot that designed this one???
14 answers Last reply
More about wolfenstein joystick
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 13:47:57 -0500, Bill Gamelson wrote:

    > I just bought Wolfenstein Return To Castle and I am not at all satisfied
    > with it. The joystick has been disabled! I have to use to damn keyboard!!

    Correction: you should use the mouse AND the keyboard, as any decent
    player would tell you. These kinds of games are not suitable for using a
    joystick.

    Linux Registered User #327951
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "Bill Gamelson" <bgamelson@cox.net> wrote in message
    > I just bought Wolfenstein Return To Castle and I am not at all satisfied
    > with it. The joystick has been disabled! I have to use to damn
    keyboard!!
    > Why?!?
    >
    > Why can I not use the joystick???
    >
    > Who was the idiot that designed this one???

    Learn to use the keyboard and mouse, you will find it's much better when
    aiming etc.....

    I couldnt imagine using a joypad for this game.....it would be a
    nightmare!!!!
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    >>Learn to use the keyboard and mouse, you will find
    >>it's much better when aiming etc.....

    Yea, I'm doing just that. What I want to find is the guy getting a Lewinsky
    at the beginning of the first level.

    --
    Stevie Nicks / Fleetwood Mac streaming audio

    www.radio17.com
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "Bill Gamelson" <bgamelson@cox.net> wrote:

    >I just bought Wolfenstein Return To Castle and I am not at all satisfied
    >with it. The joystick has been disabled! I have to use to damn keyboard!!
    >Why?!?

    I guess you've never played a fps before, almost everybody plays with
    keyboard and mouse. The mouse is so much more accurate than a
    joystick.

    Tim
    --
    Copyright, patents and trademarks are government-granted, time-limited monopolies.
    Intellectual property does not exist.

    "Tim Auton" <tim.auton@uton.groupSexWithoutTheY> wrote in message
    > "Bill Gamelson" <bgamelson@cox.net> wrote:
    >
    > >I just bought Wolfenstein Return To Castle and I am not at all satisfied
    > >with it. The joystick has been disabled! I have to use to damn
    keyboard!!
    > >Why?!?
    >
    > I guess you've never played a fps before, almost everybody plays with
    > keyboard and mouse. The mouse is so much more accurate than a
    > joystick.
    >

    > Tim
    > --
    > Copyright, patents and trademarks are government-granted, time-limited
    monopolies.
    > Intellectual property does not exist.

    LOL!!!

    Unless you are like me and use a trackball!!!!
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "LiGhTnInG"
    <samholt2710@++++++++++++removeallofthis+++++++++++++hotmail.com>
    wrote:
    >"Tim Auton" <tim.auton@uton.groupSexWithoutTheY> wrote in message
    [snip]

    >> I guess you've never played a fps before, almost everybody plays with
    >> keyboard and mouse. The mouse is so much more accurate than a
    >> joystick.
    >>
    >LOL!!!
    >
    >Unless you are like me and use a trackball!!!!

    Yeah well, there are always a few freaks ;-)

    Tim
    --
    Copyright, patents and trademarks are government-granted, time-limited monopolies.
    Intellectual property does not exist.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    > "LiGhTnInG"
    > <samholt2710@++++++++++++removeallofthis+++++++++++++hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    > >"Tim Auton" <tim.auton@uton.groupSexWithoutTheY> wrote in message
    > [snip]
    > >>
    > >> I guess you've never played a fps before, almost everybody plays with
    > >> keyboard and mouse. The mouse is so much more accurate than a
    > >> joystick.
    > >>
    > >LOL!!!
    > >
    > >Unless you are like me and use a trackball!!!!
    >
    > Yeah well, there are always a few freaks ;-)
    >

    > Tim
    > --
    > Copyright, patents and trademarks are government-granted, time-limited
    monopolies.
    > Intellectual property does not exist.

    hehe.....i thought i would get that sort of response!!!!!

    ;-)
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "LiGhTnInG"
    <samholt2710@++++++++++++removeallofthis+++++++++++++hotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:2tfv5cF1vc4mnU1@uni-berlin.de...

    > "Tim Auton" <tim.auton@uton.groupSexWithoutTheY> wrote in message
    > > "LiGhTnInG"
    > > <samholt2710@++++++++++++removeallofthis+++++++++++++hotmail.com>
    > > wrote:
    > > >"Tim Auton" <tim.auton@uton.groupSexWithoutTheY> wrote in message
    > > [snip]

    Some people need the joystick due to physical disabilities though...
    --FEDEX__1
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "LiGhTnInG" <samholt2710@++++++++++++removeallofthis+++++++++++++hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<2tft84F1v44djU1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > "Bill Gamelson" <bgamelson@cox.net> wrote in message
    > > I just bought Wolfenstein Return To Castle and I am not at all satisfied
    > > with it. The joystick has been disabled! I have to use to damn
    > keyboard!!
    > > Why?!?
    > >
    > > Why can I not use the joystick???
    > >
    > > Who was the idiot that designed this one???
    > >

    > Learn to use the keyboard and mouse, you will find it's much better when
    > aiming etc.....
    >
    > I couldnt imagine using a joypad for this game.....it would be a
    > nightmare!!!!

    It would be kinda fun having a scrim with console players (joystick)
    vs PC players (keyboard/mouse). Guess who would win?
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    > >>Learn to use the keyboard and mouse, you will find
    > >>it's much better when aiming etc.....
    >
    > Yea, I'm doing just that. What I want to find is the guy getting a
    Lewinsky
    > at the beginning of the first level.
    >

    > --
    > Stevie Nicks / Fleetwood Mac streaming audio
    >
    > www.radio17.com

    whats a Lewinsky??????????
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Bill Gamelson wrote:
    > I just bought Wolfenstein Return To Castle and I am not at all satisfied
    > with it. The joystick has been disabled! I have to use to damn keyboard!!
    > Why?!?
    >
    > Why can I not use the joystick???
    >
    > Who was the idiot that designed this one???

    Of course this has been discussed here before, check out
    http://tinyurl.com/5x2pz (or all those other results that show up when
    searching for "joystick" in "group:alt.games.wolfenstein" :-| )

    LiGhTnInG wrote:

    >> Yea, I'm doing just that. What I want to find is the guy
    >> getting a Lewinsky at the beginning of the f irstlevel.

    > whats a Lewinsky??????????

    I suspect it involves a kneeled down Monica...
    --
    Vilco
    Think Pink, Drink Rose'

    Since there is no way to activate the joystick from the menu system you will
    have to enable joystick support from the console.

    1) While in the game, press the Tilde " ~ " key to bring the console down.

    2) Type the following in to the console:

    /in_joystick 1 (Press the Enter key)

    3) Quit the game and restart it. Once the game is restarted you will have
    joystick support.

    I use an 8-button joystick and mouse, and it works great!

    "Bill Gamelson" <bgamelson@cox.net> wrote in message
    > I just bought Wolfenstein Return To Castle and I am not at all satisfied
    > with it. The joystick has been disabled! I have to use to damn
    keyboard!!
    > Why?!?
    >
    > Why can I not use the joystick???
    >
    > Who was the idiot that designed this one???

  14. 1- the command /in_joystick 1 and then restart isn't working. I will check if there is some permission problems

    2- For those who say to not use joystick, have in consideration that there are people that CANNOT use keyboards and menu.

    They have limited movements and need to modify joysticks so they can use their feet or any other part of the body to be able to play.

    They cannot go out, they cannot move, their life suck; however, it make them easier to live if they can at least play a game.

    Thanks

Joystick Games Keyboards Video Games