Sign in with
Your question

Help badly needed with freezing

Last response: in Systems
December 6, 2012 9:50:56 PM

System

Processor: AMD FX 8350 (not overclocked)
MOBO: Asus Sabertooth 990FX Latest Bios
RAM: 8 gigs Corsair (one 8gig stick)
GFX: Sapphire ATI 6970 Latest Stable Release Drivers
Storage: OS on Crucial M4 SSD // Games on Kingston Hyper X SSD // Other non critical progs on random 1TB HDD

The Old Problem:

My system would lock up on me anytime I had 2 sticks of ram in. I sure I had them in the matched slots, I have tried it in slots 1&3 and 2&4 and it would lock up in both. I also tried several different sets of ram from different manufactures all 1600 DDR3, same result. My solution was to just get a 8 gig stick and suck it up and not run dual channel

I just recently changed processors from a 1090T to the 8350, when I did that I also moved my computer to a new, larger, case.

The New Problem:

My system locks up on me now when I play BF3. It takes around a minute or so then it freezes and nothing works, ctrl alt del, alt tab, nothing. I have to turn the computer off and then back on. The computer used to run BF3 just fine but since the processor and case swap it doesn't. Out of curiosity I put in another 8 gig corsair stick of ram to run dual channel and I get a BSOD with Driver irql not equal.

The Strange:

My system runs Planetside 2 without any trouble at all. No crash ever.

What I have tried so far:
-I have rolled back from the latest ATI beta drivers to the stable release
-I have the latest bios update for the MOBO
-I went through my device manager and right clicked everything and chose update driver. Some updated, some didn't
-I checked the temps of the Processor and when the computer freezes it isn't ever more than 40C

I have no idea why my computer wont run with 2 sticks of ram, but am perfectly content with it running with only one in. But now it doesn't even do that!

I am at a loss on what to do next, I am not the best trouble shooter out there. I desperately need some help here, I hate that my purpose built gaming rig is collecting dust!!!!!

More about : badly needed freezing

December 7, 2012 3:23:45 PM

New BSOD happened twice while playing The War Z

a clock interrupt was not received by a secondary processor.

I am NOT over clocking, running default settings in bios, and have the latest bios offered for the Asus sabertooth 990FX. What else could be the culprit?
m
l
December 7, 2012 4:37:25 PM

Have you tried updating your BIOS? I'm having a freezing problem with my build at BIOS and hoping to god it works. Also, you could try pulling your RAM out and securely putting back in. That's all I got. Good luck!
m
l
!