HDMI has no signal until Wondows login

david_12

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
Hi guys, I have been experiencing a weird thing.I just got a new graphics card (EVGA gtx 670 FTW 2gb) and now when I boot up my computer (I am using HDMI) my moniter (with is an HDTV) says the graphics card is not outputting a display. This happens until windows boots into the login screen and then it appears and everything else is dandy. Before, with my HD 4000 graphics, this was not an issue. What can I do to solve this issue? Is it becuase i'm using an HDTV or do I have to go into the NVIDIA control panel and change something? Thanks

Solution
Does your system include onboard video from the motherboard? You may need to disable the onboard first in the bios.

Usually its something like PCI INIT DISPLAY and it will either read Automatic or PCI or PCIE, or Internal, or External. You would want to specify PCIe or External. I think whats happening is that the PC thinks its outputting on one video head, and then windows loads and takes over, and the driver for your card takes over the primary display.

festerovic

Distinguished
Does your system include onboard video from the motherboard? You may need to disable the onboard first in the bios.

Usually its something like PCI INIT DISPLAY and it will either read Automatic or PCI or PCIE, or Internal, or External. You would want to specify PCIe or External. I think whats happening is that the PC thinks its outputting on one video head, and then windows loads and takes over, and the driver for your card takes over the primary display.

Solution

david_12

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

Yes! Thank you very much, now my problem is solved. Got went into the BIOS and changed what you told me to. Cheers!