rlboothe

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
Hello,
I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 service tag FYHK1K1. And it will not boot up, it says to run a repair disc . I have triedto start up normal, but won't boot up, my screen is blank.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008

Thats an understatement.

My advice if you have a headset phone or for your cellphone use it. You will be on hold for a VERY LONG TIME most likely. I can bash dell all day but I let you learn how bad they are. Fair warning if you call their normal trouble shooting phone number you will get a guy reading off a checklist who actually knows nothing about computers. Call their hardware support line you might be lucky and get someone who has some sort of intelligence if your lucky, though admitably that only happened once when I called (out of more calls to dell than I care to remember).

lt_dan_zsu

Honorable
May 3, 2012

I chose to not give my speech about dell. But yes, to sum up the phone call was about 5 hours, I was on hold a lot. They transfered me and made me repeat information a lot. And nothing actually got done til the last 10 minutes. They also like hanging up on you. Also, Dell is notorious for trying to make you buy useless warranties.