Sign in with
Your question

URGENT new graphics card wont work/detect

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 17, 2012 2:07:54 AM

Hello community, i recently purchased a new graphics card, the GTX 650, and I tried installing it on my computer that used to have a 8600 GTS, and for some reason it wont detect the GTX 650, and the minimum requirement for the graphics card is 400w, and i have a 550w. I heard you had to uninstall everything from the old graphics card, (like drivers and such) so i uninstalled everything that had NVIDIA on it. Still wouldn't work. I really don't know what could be the problem...

PC Specs:
AMD x2 550 BE
Motherboard: MSI 870A-G54
ram: 4 gig
psu:550

a c 76 U Graphics card
October 17, 2012 2:24:34 AM

did you plug the 6 pins power cable from the psu correctly and does the card is well seated in the slot on the motherboard
a b U Graphics card
October 17, 2012 2:52:32 AM

scout_03 is right try to double check the power connection and try replug the card...

If it new try to get replacement from the shop if it was broken card....
Related resources
October 17, 2012 3:08:40 AM

Yeah I tried a different slot but no luck... And I checked the PSU and checked everything else... Do you think it could be a bad card? I stuck in my old graphics card and it worked . So... It's either compatibility with the motherboard or a bad video card. I'm praying it to be a bad video card because I can get that easily replaced .
a b U Graphics card
October 17, 2012 3:42:13 AM

It not the mobo I'm suspecting faulty... since the old card runs fine...
October 17, 2012 5:12:22 AM

The fan is running on the graphics card, could it still be faulty then? I checked the PCI slot properties and it said

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Any thoughts on what this might mean? When ever i stick my older graphics card into the PCI slot it doesn't show up as so.
a b U Graphics card
October 17, 2012 6:59:02 AM

So it shared it's bus with other device...
usually there a diagram in the motherboard manual about how the device connected (bus setting)...

Had u tried reinstall/update mother board driver and BIOS... ?
October 17, 2012 7:05:15 PM

Yeah, I'v updated the bios to the latest version, and i heard somewhere removing a stick of RAM will enable it to function properly, but now that i updated the bios, and stuck the ram back in, it will only detect 3.2 GB out of 4. Is there anyway to fix this? I'm guessing this has something to do with the motherboard max memory. My ram performance on my windows index used to be higher, but now it's only a 5.9 so there has been a dramatic chance of computer speed. Besides the RAM issue, the graphics card was finally detected, and i'm able to use it! :)  I just want to use my ram's full potential of memory, since my computer has like i said dramatically slowed down, then the way it used to be as it stood at a 7.4 in the windows experience index, but only at a 5.9.
a c 76 U Graphics card
October 17, 2012 8:58:01 PM

with the bios did you check the memory settings since they are back to factory default when you flash bios
!