Sign in with
Your question

Black Friday Video Cards/Upgrade Question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 17, 2012 2:14:22 AM

I'm back again with another question if some of you have seen me before. I've been looking for a decent video card for mediocre gaming. I have rounded my choice down to the 7770 or a 7850 if I can find one cheap enough. My main question is, when black friday comes do video cards usually take a price drop? I'm not asking for anyone to predict if they will, I'm just wondering if they have in the past. Also, I have a 5670 HD at the moment, and my processor is a 550 II BE (was not unlocked to the 4 cores, didn't have the right model #), the CPU has worked great for me, but if I upgrade to a 7770 will I really see a difference?

tl;dr : Do you think black friday will have good video card sales? And with my processor (550 II BE) if I get a 7770 1GB DDR5 video card, will I see a big difference?

EDIT: Is this a good deal for the 7770? http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

Any other recommendations?
a b U Graphics card
October 17, 2012 2:17:05 AM

The 7850 will definitely drop to $150 and less. It's already $180, and Newegg has a lot of sales throughout Nov.
m
l
October 17, 2012 3:12:07 AM

obsama1 said:
The 7850 will definitely drop to $150 and less. It's already $180, and Newegg has a lot of sales throughout Nov.

Thanks, how is my CPU for upgrading to a video card like that? Will it hold me back?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 17, 2012 3:28:28 AM

mustangnick said:
Thanks, how is my CPU for upgrading to a video card like that? Will it hold me back?

your cpu will not bottleneck a 7850. however there are cpu intensive games that will cause your performance to drop rather substantially; if you get the difference.
m
l
October 17, 2012 3:31:51 AM

qbsinfo said:
your cpu will not bottleneck a 7850. however there are cpu intensive games that will cause your performance to drop rather substantially; if you get the difference.

Well, I guess that's what Christmas is for. :) 

If I find a really good deal next month maybe I'll just get both.

Thanks for the reply!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 17, 2012 3:37:31 AM

sounds like a plan . .

you're welcome :) 
m
l
!