MP3 ringtones

Hi Can anyone help please?
I've got an mp3 file I have downloaded onto my new Nokia 6630 (on
Vodafone).
It plays OK, but I can't set it to be a ringtone.
Vodafone say because I haven't purchased it through them, and a cookie
hasn't been downloaded with it, I can't use it!

Is there any way round this?
--
Paul Robinson
3 answers Last reply

    Oh, wow. That's crazy. It's like a new form of locking phones.

    Is it possible to have the phone "flashed" with some non-Vodafone version of
    it's softare that doesn't have that limitation? Call up your local Nokia
    authorized service center to find out.

    -julie

    "Paul Robinson" <Paulr@sirlesmutrie.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi Can anyone help please?
    > I've got an mp3 file I have downloaded onto my new Nokia 6630 (on
    > Vodafone).
    > It plays OK, but I can't set it to be a ringtone.
    > Vodafone say because I haven't purchased it through them, and a cookie
    > hasn't been downloaded with it, I can't use it!
    >
    > Is there any way round this?
    > --
    > Paul Robinson

    On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:31:04 -0800, "Julie Ruin"
    <julieruin@mixmail.com> wrote:

    >Oh, wow. That's crazy. It's like a new form of locking phones.
    >
    >Is it possible to have the phone "flashed" with some non-Vodafone version of
    >it's softare that doesn't have that limitation? Call up your local Nokia
    >authorized service center to find out.

    And then call them back when the phone doesn't work. :)

    Evan

    In article <BFkGByJDZR5BFwH+@sirlesmutrie.demon.co.uk>,
    Paulr@sirlesmutrie.demon.co.uk says...
    > Hi Can anyone help please?
    > I've got an mp3 file I have downloaded onto my new Nokia 6630 (on
    > Vodafone).
    > It plays OK, but I can't set it to be a ringtone.
    > Vodafone say because I haven't purchased it through them, and a cookie
    > hasn't been downloaded with it, I can't use it!
    >
    > Is there any way round this?

    That's limitations by Vodafon branded N6630, i have TIM branded 6630 but I use
    it on Croatian GSM operator, and i can set mp3 as ring tone normaly. And it
    was not locked :-)
    Flashing phone should help.
    Vodafone cripled 6630 by it's soft :-((

Nokia MP3 Vodafone