Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
Does anyone know which card is better?

Commecnts welcome.

Thank you.

-----------------------------------
Don't extract the urine.

G

Sorry this won't really help but I am going thru hell right now with sbl 5.1 and have read a real lot about how bad they are and all the problems everybody has had so I would go with anything but right now!!! As I have read and gathered but not personally tested these are the best cards for the money right now Fortissimo II, Santa Cruz, and Muse XL.

My signature really sucks.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
What are you talking about? The Sonic Fury for sure!!! The Sonic Fury is the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz with different software!! It has everything the SB Live! 5.1 does plus it's more stable.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

hatimh

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
Thanks for the advice,

what other 5.1 soundcards are out there. at the same level as sonic fury, or are the choices limited to those two?

Anyway to be honest I have had the sb live player 5.1 for 5 months and it's bullshit, I've never got it to work with more than two speakers for more than a day.

I'm going to get rid of it and get a sonic fury now that you guys have persuaded me.

Don't extract the urine.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Fortissimo II
Game Theater XP
Audigy
Santa Cruz
Acoustic Edge
Vortex 2

All 5.1

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

G

All 5.1??!!!

I thought the Fortissimo II and Vortex 2 r 4 chanel cards

Why ATI R8500?
Because there is an A in front of Ti, and a 8 in front of 500 ;)

FatBurger

Illustrious
The Fortissimo II is 4-channel, you're right. As for the Vortex 2, one is 5.1, one is 4-channel (if I remember right). I'm talking about the two that were sold at www.compgeeks.com. Only one is left.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

hatimh

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
Disregarding the fortissimo II

Which of these cards are the best in terms of performance, I don't care about extra midi instruments or extra inputs or crazy graphic equalisers with it's own box that you put on your desk (ala game theatre XP)

Just a raw good performing, 5.1 soundcard which has no issues with a via chipset and doesn't hog the PCI Bus bandwidth, and utilise lot's of processor power?

Aha when the question get's this hardcore.......then maybe only Tom himself can answer it. Hehehe

Cheers.

Don't extract the urine.