RE: Zotac GTX 460SE Spins but no output!

clough1989

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
Hi all,
This is the first thread that I have started on this forum however I have been reading the forums for a while now (I normally find that someone has asked the question before me and it as always been answered!) and im sure that this may duplicate another but im at my wits end!!

I recently put together the following rig (all from ebay/2nd hand other than PSU and CPU cooler)

Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4ghz (not overclocked)
Arctic Cooler Pro 7 cooler
Biostar TF 8200 a2+ motherboard
Antec 620 watt Bronze 80 Modular PSU
4GB (4x1GB) 800mhz RAM (Dane Electric I believe)
Cooler Master Elite 335U case
Zotac GTX 460SE 1GG 256-but DDR5 GPU
not too sure of the makes of HDD and optical drive

I put the rig together without the GPU with a fresh installation of Windows Vista 32-bit and it works like a dream (compared to my old core 2 duo 1.8ghz!). I went to the Zotac website and installed the driver then I went into the BIOS and chose the PCI option (I later tried the onboard VGA option whilst the GPU was in...nothing). I then shut the pc down, removed power supply, attached anti-static wrist band (which i used for the whole build) and plugged the gpu in. I plugged both pci-e cables in, connected it to my Bush LED TV via a HDMI lead and nothing....pc boots up fine, all fans spinning etc but no output.

I have been trawling through the internet for the answer and cannot get a straight one! Is the GPU busted? If so I only received it yesterday and will return and but a new one.

Again i am sorry for any duplications and have included everything that I can remember but if anyone has any ideas I would be grateful!

clough1989

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
Im going to try and swipe a monitor from work for the evening and nip down to the local PC shop and get a DVI-I to VGA plug or something as all the monitors here are VGA.

I did have a previous build where i had an old 512mb card installed and the TV wouldnt run through that neither to maybe it is the TV. I hope it is as ive heard some good things about this card and my budget is all but gone!