Your question

Buying in USA live in UK

Tags:
  • Cyberpower
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
December 7, 2012 8:45:45 AM

Hi
I am from the USA and live in the UK. I want to buy a gaming PC. Cyberpower is based both in UK and USA. I am going back to the states for Christmas and the prices are so much better in the states.
My question is if I buy a compter there:
1. Will warrenty/tech support be covered by the UK based company when I get back?
2. Power supply. I have heard that the PSU have a switch that turns it to UK voltage? so will a pwer adapter for the plug work? or will they fit a uk one for me?
3. How to I bring it back to the UK. Carry on? Hold lugage? OR ship it? Will I have to pay customs on it?

Thanks in Advance

More about : buying usa live

December 7, 2012 10:24:34 AM

1--dont know email the company and ask them

2--most decent power supplys dont have 110v/240v switch they are auto switching--just need a uk plug power lead

3--yes you may be made to pay import duty as its new--dont think customs applys to used pcs or gifts
December 7, 2012 10:41:27 AM

They can really slam you on import tax. I bought an SSD from the us and it was £120 and they charged £60 import.
Related resources
December 7, 2012 1:39:12 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
1--dont know email the company and ask them

2--most decent power supplys dont have 110v/240v switch they are auto switching--just need a uk plug power lead

3--yes you may be made to pay import duty as its new--dont think customs applys to used pcs or gifts

It was cyberpower and the UK company said they don't accept the items purchased in the USA as being covered by them.
So do you thinkits just a big waste of time and might as well buy from the UK?

Why are the prices so different? It really is drastic I could get a better computer for for the same price or less.

How much would customs be?
December 7, 2012 1:50:11 PM

Potentially a large amount. I saw how cheap everything in the US was and bought it. It's more expensive after import tax.
!