Hiya, I could use some advice-

Zounds42

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
First time looking to build my own gaming pc and I could use a few pointers.

I'm around the 1000-1500 range and I'd primarily be using this rig for gaming (along the lines of Skyrim, far cry 3, the new sim city, that sort o thing). The goal being to be able to pop in any modern game and play it at max -hay a man can dream eh?

Any how far as parts go my knowledge is a bit limited (I'm working on that!) I figure I might go for something in a full tower case (don't want any over heating, that and for overall badassery), a solid asus motherboard, an inlet chip in the i7 range, far as graphics cards go I could use some advice far as bang for my buck goes -I was thinking nvidia, A good cpu cooler (nothing liquid cooled, don't trust my ability near enough to risk that haha), around what? 16gigs of ram? far as the type goes I'm not 100%, No clue about the hard drive -it sounds like using a small solid state as the boot drive and a good hard disk as the data drive is the way to go, something reasonably quick and stable. Powersupply I'd like to go with something modular, I figure the fewer wires for me to stare perplexed at the better. Far as a sound card goes I'd primarily be using head phones so its not a huge issue- so long as it can support a pair of basic speakers I'm golden, now the disk drive I'm open to ideas on, never did much burning and the like so its no biggy.

Hm I think that's about every thing, I figure so long as its reasonably fast and reliable I'll be a happy camper.

So long as I can manage not to electrocute my self & blast a hole in the side of the house I'm ahead of the game (hm anti static wrist band, don't work on it while its plugged in, don't stick a fork in the power supply, check!)

Thanks for the help and wish me luck!
-Dan