Massive FPS drop in games after playing for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

lethalkilr

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
I posted a question similar to this a while back. While the answer i got was helpful, and worked for quite sometime, but now it doesn't work. What happens is whenever i play a game such as BF3 or Borderlands 2, sleeping dogs, skyrim, etc.. for a while (30 minutes - 2 hours) i get a massive fps drop and i am no longer able to play, the fps goes down to 5-10 fps. My temperatures are as follows: GPU: 51C, Core 0 : 52C, Core 1: 55C. This is before the lag. During Lag: GPU:55C, Core0: 54C, Core1:57C. I didn't overclock anything. Using msi afterburner, my coreclock is 475mz and my memory clock 900. These do not by much before and after the fps drop. The voltage control is locked. The fix i used was to lower the core and memory clock by 15mz. This doesn't work anymore. However, the only fix that i found was to restart my computer, but the same problem still occurs. (fps drop after playing for a while). Anyone know what is causing this problem and if possible, any fixes?
Here are my system specs:
*NOTE: I'm using a LAPTOP*
GPU: Nvidia GeForce Gt 525m
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Model: Satellite L750
RAM: 6 GBS RAM
Installed latest RECOMMENDED driver for my graphics card
64-Bit Windows 7 Home Premium

lethalkilr

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012

I don't think it's an overheating problem, i already posted my temps and they seem normal to me. I also got a cooling pad and opened the laptop to check for any dust or blockage. The computer was very clean.

and you're checking your temps how ? after the machine shuts down and you restart and look in the BIOS ? heat dissipates quickly so you're not really getting an accurate reading.

try a different app for checking temps. I never really relied on software like that.

sorry but I still think it has to do with heat. if you're good at pulling stuff apart ( and reassembly ) try thermal new paste on processor and on gpu. ?? I don't work on laptops so I'm a little lost here.

run it as open as possible and see how it goes..??

lethalkilr

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012

I used GPU-Z and msi afterburner to check my temps and clocks. The computer doesn't shut down when i start lagging, neither does it get really hot. Im building a new gaming desktop soon, but for now, i have to use this laptop while i save up my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.