More New York-based slime on Ebay

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 30, 2005 8:54:16 AM

Damn. I bought a Canon 300D when I could have had an amazion Megxon.
Damn....
April 30, 2005 1:30:24 PM

What I find amazing are the twenty five bids. Guess P.T. Barnum was
right?
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 1:47:02 PM

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:22:50 -0700, "G.T." <getnews1@dslextreme.com>
wrote:

>"RichA" <none@none.com> wrote in message
>> http://tinyurl.com/a3r9v
>>
>> http://www.megxon.com/products/S304/S304.htm
>
>What scumbags. Is that where you got your "sythesized" resolution idea?
>
>Greg

A hah! No, I did something they didn't; I explained what it meant.
-Rich
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 2:06:12 PM

Silicon Sam wrote:

> Damn. I bought a Canon 300D when I could have had an amazion Megxon.
> Damn....

even better,
with a 12mp megxion, you could have had a max resolution of 48 mp.
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 5:45:25 PM

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:15:45 -0400, "Randy W. Sims"
<RandyS@ThePierianSpring.org> wrote:

>RichA wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/a3r9v
>>
>> http://www.megxon.com/products/S304/S304.htm
>
>Never been to New York, but I bet we have slime as good as any they have
>here in Atlanta. Why discriminate?

I think the market is far larger there because most of the time when
you see stuff like that, it's in New York.
-Rich
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 12:16:24 AM

"Kitt" <niteman3d@gmail.com> wrote:

> What I find amazing are the twenty five bids. Guess P.T. Barnum was
> right?

I think you mean David Hannum. P.T. Barnum never said what you think he
did.
May 1, 2005 1:37:22 AM

news:p 6idnZ8bI9C_PO7fRVn_vg@giganews.com...

--

He's not discriminating - he's paraphrasing.

'New York' is his code for 'Jewish'.
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 1:37:23 AM

Parker wrote:

> "Randy W. Sims" <RandyS@ThePierianSpring.org> wrote in message
> news:p 6idnZ8bI9C_PO7fRVn_vg@giganews.com...
> > RichA wrote:
> >> http://tinyurl.com/a3r9v
> >>
> >> http://www.megxon.com/products/S304/S304.htm
> >
> > Never been to New York, but I bet we have slime as good as any they have
> > here in Atlanta. Why discriminate?<
>
> --
>
> He's not discriminating - he's paraphrasing.
>
> 'New York' is his code for 'Jewish'.

I wonder how good the correlation is
between 'Jewish' and 'New York-based slime' photo stores.
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 2:07:34 AM

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 21:37:22 +0100, "Parker" <nothing@whatsoever.net>
wrote:

>"Randy W. Sims" <RandyS@ThePierianSpring.org> wrote in message
>news:p 6idnZ8bI9C_PO7fRVn_vg@giganews.com...
>> RichA wrote:
>>> http://tinyurl.com/a3r9v
>>>
>>> http://www.megxon.com/products/S304/S304.htm
>>
>> Never been to New York, but I bet we have slime as good as any they have
>> here in Atlanta. Why discriminate?<

It's not code for anything, New York is New York and every bad review,
every scam I've seen on Ebay for photography equipment has originated
there, aside from a few out of the Far East.
--Rich
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 9:03:24 PM

Bubbabob wrote:
> "Kitt" <niteman3d@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What I find amazing are the twenty five bids. Guess P.T. Barnum
was
> > right?
> >

> I think you mean David Hannum. P.T. Barnum never said what you think
he
> did.

Actually you're right, but everybody thinks he did. But whoever said
it, it becomes more a fact every day.
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 4:57:03 AM

"Silicon Sam" <SiliconSam@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Damn. I bought a Canon 300D when I could have had an amazion Megxon.
> Damn....

This is true.

"Tekxon is state of the art leading digital CCD and CMOS technology,
Combined with consumer feedback refinements, to enhance our product range
and guaranteed to meet and satisfy all European and American quality control
standards."

http://www.megxon.com/tekxon.htm

http://www.megxon.com/products/S304/S304.htm

The camera sold on eBay for $150. It sells for $120 at
http://shopcanadanskwholesale.com/index.php?cPath=85_10...; they carry many of
the amaxing Megxon cameras. Actually, only $30 over retail isn't bad for
eBay, I've seen stuff sell for much higher a percentage over retail than
this.
!