Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need some advice for budget gaming build

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 7, 2012 12:10:14 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to build a new budget gaming pc and I'm somehow not sure of the hardware (I can't find any reviews for the mobo) so could you please help me out and lend me some advice?

I live in the Philippines and our budget for the build is 20,000 pesos (about 480USD) with monitor,keyboard and mouse included.

Here's the website where I looked up for the parts.

http://dynaquestpc.com/index.php/

(i'm plan on playing WoW, Dragon Nest and COD Modern Warfare on at least medium graphics )

well, here's the build:

Processor: AMD Trinity A6-5400K
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A75M-D3H
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB Sata 6Gb/s
ODD: LiteOn iHAS124 24x Multi Format DVDWriter
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB (4GBx1) 1333 CL9
Casing: Antec ONE Mid-Tower Case
PSU: Seasonic 520W S12II-520 80PLUS Bronze
Monitor: LG E1642C 15.6" Led Monitor
Keyboard and Mouse: Logitech MK120 Corded Desktop Combo
Speakers: Creative SBS A60 2.0 Speaker System

Thank you everyone for the help and God bless. :hello: 
December 7, 2012 1:19:24 PM

looks good, try to get a 2 x 2gb ram instead of four sticks
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 7, 2012 1:28:18 PM

the APU's work best with faster ram and are made to be efficient with 1866 memory. So make the extra monetary sacrifice and get 2 - 2gig sticks of 1866 memory.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 7, 2012 1:45:55 PM

fm2 boards are new, you can check youtube for video reviews to check the board. anyways gigabyte is always a good manufacturer.
m
0
l
December 8, 2012 10:23:20 AM

swifty_morgan said:
the APU's work best with faster ram and are made to be efficient with 1866 memory. So make the extra monetary sacrifice and get 2 - 2gig sticks of 1866 memory.




I see, about the 1866 memory.......I can only find 8 Gigs. (I think 8 gigabytes is a bit too much)

http://dynaquestpc.com/index.php/components-2/memory/lo...
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 8, 2012 10:47:53 AM

can't you purchase from some other place ? and it doesn't have to have fancy heat spreaders and a high end name either.
m
0
l
December 8, 2012 11:30:08 AM

swifty_morgan said:
can't you purchase from some other place ? and it doesn't have to have fancy heat spreaders and a high end name either.



No, sorry. This is the only place where I can find a Trinity A6 APU, secondly I think I won't be needing those heat spreaders. It's just a budget gaming pc (I won't be overclocking it either)and three, please do keep in mind that I live in the Philippines and not in the United States.

Still, thank you to you and everyone for helping me out with my build.
m
0
l
December 9, 2012 7:09:52 AM

if you live in Manila, try PCHub, or pcnetmiles..
m
0
l
December 12, 2012 11:06:20 PM

ahhh, goodluck though..

get the 8gb kit, it will help! :D 
m
0
l
December 13, 2012 2:02:29 AM

for your budget i would suggest you completely forego the APU build and instead look at budget intel based build which will allow you to get a better graphics card.
i would suggest something like
pentium G860
gigabyte H61
radeon 7750
and the rest of your selected components
i bet this would be a much better gaming build because both the cpu and graphics are much better than the ones you selected
m
0
l
December 13, 2012 3:02:43 AM

mohit9206 said:
for your budget i would suggest you completely forego the APU build and instead look at budget intel based build which will allow you to get a better graphics card.
i would suggest something like
pentium G860
gigabyte H61
radeon 7750
and the rest of your selected components
i bet this would be a much better gaming build because both the cpu and graphics are much better than the ones you selected



I understand that an intel processor with a separate dedicated graphics card would truly be a better gaming build, but we (our family) would just like to have a budget friendly computer that can play the games that I have said. (I'm a bit concerned with the power consumption as well and I still don't have a job yet. I'm still studying in college).

but, thanks for the tip. Atleast I feel a bit more confident with the components that I had chosen. :D 

by the way, do you think the motherboard would support the memory card? Thanks. :sweat: 

m
0
l
December 13, 2012 3:43:09 AM
December 13, 2012 6:12:26 AM






nix327, that isn't an antec VP 450, it's a corsair VS450 (and it's a no, I've been looking for some reviews and some say that it's best that I avoid it) and I chose the AMD APU option because I didn't want to have to buy a dedicated graphics card and that it wouldn't add up to the power consumption.(I know It won't play all the latest games but, I just want to play some of them with good graphics. No offense guys :(  .)

p.s. (Thanks for the casing, it's good as the first one (It also has an air filter) and cheaper too. By the way, what do you think of this one? http://dynaquestpc.com/index.php/components-2/chassis/m...

http://www.aerocool.com.tw/index.php/products/chassis/3...)

thanks for the help :D 



m
0
l
December 13, 2012 2:42:28 PM

jlr01 said:
nix327, that isn't an antec VP 450, it's a corsair VS450 (and it's a no, I've been looking for some reviews and some say that it's best that I avoid it) and I chose the AMD APU option because I didn't want to have to buy a dedicated graphics card and that it wouldn't add up to the power consumption.(I know It won't play all the latest games but, I just want to play some of them with good graphics. No offense guys :(  .)

p.s. (Thanks for the casing, it's good as the first one (It also has an air filter) and cheaper too. By the way, what do you think of this one? http://dynaquestpc.com/index.php/components-2/chassis/m...

http://www.aerocool.com.tw/index.php/products/chassis/3...)

thanks for the help :D 


I'm not able to find anything on the aerocool case..go with NZXT gamma

edit: gamma is not a good looking case..but you won't have any problems while building your pc. I don't know if aerocool is a good brand.
m
0
l
December 14, 2012 2:33:48 AM

jlr01 said:
nix327, that isn't an antec VP 450, it's a corsair VS450 (and it's a no, I've been looking for some reviews and some say that it's best that I avoid it) and I chose the AMD APU option because I didn't want to have to buy a dedicated graphics card and that it wouldn't add up to the power consumption.(I know It won't play all the latest games but, I just want to play some of them with good graphics. No offense guys :(  .)



adik ng mga intel fanboys.. HAHA
m
0
l
December 15, 2012 1:31:50 AM

nix327 said:
I'm not able to find anything on the aerocool case..go with NZXT gamma

edit: gamma is not a good looking case..but you won't have any problems while building your pc. I don't know if aerocool is a good brand.



Well, the things that I liked about the case are : 1) It has cable management and 2) It has a filter for the PSU.

by the way, what can you say about this one?


http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&prod=61

just curious. thanks
m
0
l

Best solution

December 16, 2012 1:04:17 AM

Going for either the Antec, Aerocool, or Fractal is fine..
Share
July 2, 2014 5:58:51 PM

Thanks everyone for the help. ^_^. Sorry It took me 2 years to reply. We only got our PC this year. Still thanks everyone!
m
0
l
!