New build budget pc tips

Thelastkaiser

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Now, a few weeks ago I was planning to buy a new gaming PC. Turns out with my exams around the corner, I decided to delay the whole thing until after it was all over. (in the process I ended up blowing 100$ I had in my budget) So now basically the exams are coming to a close, and I am ready to buy that dang PC! Now basically Iv got one already readied up in pcpartpicker. I wanted everyones opinion as to how the PC would do in gaming? It is a budget pc as you can see, upgrades will be done yearly but this is what i planned for the time being.
Now gaming wise the resolution will be at 1680x1050 , and the games I intend to play are-

EDIT: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rksF (forgot the dang link)

BATTLEFIELD 3 (duh)
Minecraft
Skyrim
Shogun 2 ( so I can get an idea of as to how I will run Rome 2)
GTA IV ( so I can get an idea of as to how I will run GTA V, if it ever is released on pc.)
CRYSIS 1-3 (3 might be pushing it)
Witcher 2
Dark souls
MOHWF
ARMA 2

Thanks in advance =)

Thelastkaiser

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012

Cannot believe i missed that :pfff: thanks :) btw, Iv got no plans on overclocking. As I intend to replace the cpu and motherboard in around a year and a half.

thuskeld

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
The first thing I'd want to upgrade is the power supply. Shelling out a bit more now will save you headaches down the road given what you're trying to do with it. A 700W or 750W would make that graphics card a bit happier.

Otherwise, as you plan to upgrade the CPU and motherboard, I can only advise putting some thought into how best to cool the thing. The case you chose leave you some room for a good set of fans, and they'd be worth the investment.

Thelastkaiser

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Can anyone tell me how much fps I would have in Battlefield 3, I mean I didnt think the 6300 would slow me down that much, as games depend more on graphics cards? I was thinking of getting a 212 EVO as everyone seems to love it and its only 30$. And is the 670 considered a good card?