BG-E2 grip Serial # 50000

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
April 30, 2005 5:37:48 PM

Hello,

I read some posts recently that Canon BG-E2 grips with serial numbers
greater than 50000 dont have any issues. I have also read an article where
Canon admitted there was a problem. Does anyone have a link or article which
links the two together? Are there any experiences from users (especially of
the 20D) that have had great success with the "50000+" BG-E2 grips? I would
like to purchase one.

Thanks
Musty.

More about : grip serial 50000

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 5:45:07 PM

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 13:37:48 GMT, "Musty" <musty@nospam.net> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I read some posts recently that Canon BG-E2 grips with serial numbers
>greater than 50000 dont have any issues. I have also read an article where
>Canon admitted there was a problem. Does anyone have a link or article which
>links the two together? Are there any experiences from users (especially of
>the 20D) that have had great success with the "50000+" BG-E2 grips? I would
>like to purchase one.

Have on in the 9xxxxxxx range and have been using it every day for
nearly a month and no problems.

Got it via Amazon so if there was a problem back it would go without
problems either.

-James Nachtwey-
http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 5:45:08 PM

"John A. Stovall" <johnastovall@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 13:37:48 GMT, "Musty" <musty@nospam.net> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I read some posts recently that Canon BG-E2 grips with serial numbers
>>greater than 50000 dont have any issues. I have also read an article where
>>Canon admitted there was a problem. Does anyone have a link or article
>>which
>>links the two together? Are there any experiences from users (especially
>>of
>>the 20D) that have had great success with the "50000+" BG-E2 grips? I
>>would
>>like to purchase one.
>
> Have on in the 9xxxxxxx range and have been using it every day for
> nearly a month and no problems.
>
> Got it via Amazon so if there was a problem back it would go without
> problems either.

I have a 044xxx that has functioned fine since Christmas...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

"Musty" <musty@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I read some posts recently that Canon BG-E2 grips with serial numbers
> greater than 50000 dont have any issues. I have also read an article where
> Canon admitted there was a problem. Does anyone have a link or article
> which
> links the two together? Are there any experiences from users (especially
> of
> the 20D) that have had great success with the "50000+" BG-E2 grips? I
> would
> like to purchase one.

http://www.photographyblog.com/index.php/weblog/comment...
bg_e2_battery_grip_problems/

http://tinyurl.com/cautv

My BG-E2 / 20D does suffer from the problem, but only if I pull the grip
away from the camera on one side. Under normal use I've never had the camera
shutdown or display erroneous battery levels - even when weighed down with
flashgun and heavy (ish) lens and used the 20D vertically (which is supposed
to make the problem worse).
Even so, once I get back from the Spanish Grand Prix next weekend, its going
into Canon for the remedial works.
!