Temp gtx 570

the load temp is still within acceptable range for cards such as GTX570. but i agree with Rockdpm that the idle temp is a bit high. check your card for dust just to be sure the fan and heatsink are clean to maximize cooling performance of your card. second check your case air flow.

i'm no expert in case air flow but that should be fine. this leaves the adjustment to the card itself. try increasing the fan speed. it is better done with 3rd party application such as MSI after burner. with after burner you can adjust the fan speed with accordance to the gpu temp. with such a tool you can tune fine the balance between gpu temperature and fan speed/noise.

ittimjones

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
my 570's never go above 60, so idling at 55 is way high.
I think mine idle at like 30 something...

The card CAN operate up to 80+, but that is starting to get to the maximum operating temp and is very dangerous for the GPU...

Yea so check your fan speed and come back and tell us what you experienced. if it was just the fan speed this its possible that either the card was injected with a little too much voltage from factory or the fan speed wasn't set right from factory. if your temps are still above acceptable ranges.. I would RMA my card imediately of get a new one because the chip could be faulty

monu_08

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
i have read an article on other sites they said its fine i have change the thermal paste on gpu and now idle is 48 before 55 and temp load is maximum is 78 to 80 which happens when playing ghost recon future soldier which poorly optimized for pc but when i play borderlands 2 temp is is 70 and never crosses i think its the software issue load hhhhmm ubisoft have to make games that optimal playable for system
i hope assassin creed 3 will be optimal
my fan speed are auto adjustable as per temp 1680rpm speed of fan at idle and maximum 1800 on 70s temp and also its a synergy edition and its stock or refernce card which is modded by heatpipes nothing is just

cooldudesubho

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
What your ambient temp?Most people seems to forget that not everyone leaves where ambient temp is around 20c.LOL.80 is just fine for GPU.Fermi runs hots.See nvidia site.Max is over 95c.Don't RMA just becoz your temp reaches 80c.