Windows Cannot install required files

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfrsbmschmck

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
"Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Eror code: 0x80070570"
this always happens at 10%, every time
this has been my nemesis for the past few days and i need some help! i have been searching the internet trying to get windows to install on my new build and i keep running into the same problem: 0x80070570. it looks like it might be time to start a thread (even though others exist with similar problems) for my specific build to see if i can get this working. thanks in advance
hardware:
ASUS P8P67 DELUXE R3
INTEL i5 2500K
CoolerMaster Hyper 212+
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB DDR3 1600
SAMSUNG 840 120GB SSD
Radeon HD 6850
Antec HCG 750 PSU
ASUS DVD Burner

everything boots up fine, it recognizes everything i have plugged into it.
here is what i have done so far:
1. i have run memtest for 11 passes and there were no errors.
2. i tried installing windows with one stick of ram, and then the other, and both, with the same error.
3. i thought it might be the install disc (which i made using the download and MS's USB/DVD tool), but then i tried some else's vista disc and i got the exact same problem.
4. i though it might be a defective ssd, so i took out an old 80GB HDD, but got the same problem.
5. i tried different sata cables and sata ports with no luck
6. i even read that if you just try again after it fails, that would work, but it did not.
7. my latest attempt to get this to work was by following the instructions outlined here:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/91339-ssd-hdd-optimize-windows-reinstallation.html
but once 10% came along, so did the error message.

i have bult two pcs in the past, but would only consider myself moderately technical. i have never encountered this issue before and have exhausted my knowledge of what else could be the problem. thanks so much for helping me with this; i am really excited to get this new PC up and running.

nfrsbmschmck

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
while waiting for replies i was rummaging through my stuff and found another vista install disc. and that worked.
i made a windows 7 usb drive and updated from there. man, i feel pretty silly about all the time and unnecessary work i've done to get this finished, and then bringing you into it for such an easy solution. thanks for your help!

supercharger77

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
I had this same problems for a few days. I realized that the CD-Rom/DVD drive lens was dirty. After cleaning the lens and using a good copy of Windows 7 DVD (with no scratches) the installation proceeded without any error messages.

sangwoo

Reputable
May 22, 2014

I have also faced same problem, and solved it by disabling OC(memory overclocking)

tutsuska

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014

Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.