Sign in with
Your question

Random screen lockups

December 7, 2012 2:38:07 PM

Hi all, first time poster but have read quite a bit from here. So I'll just get to the point and problem! About a week ago I built a pc from scratch. It booted well and runs fine when it is running, the problem im having is at random, the screen will freeze and slowly everything will freeze with it. It will start with a window, then if you click on the start button the meny pops up but if you click a submenu then that freezes, and so on to the point i have to hard reset. When I first put together the comp, it would freeze up on any install or sometimes uninstall of a program (the sims), so I updated my gpu driver, bios, hd, audio drivers everything I could think of and it seemed I had fixed the problem. Well, after a few days of no freeze it started again. I'm at a loss and could use some advice! Here is my setup

Antec Three Hundred Black Steel Case
Intel BOXDZ77GAL-70K MOBO
I5-3570k Processor w Intel 4000 Graphics
Western Digital WD VelociRaptor WD5000HHTZ HD
G.skill Ripjaw 8g(2x4) F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL RAM
COUGAR A-Series A560 (CGR B3-560) 560W PSU
Nvidea GTX 560 TI Video card
Windows Professional sp1

*also have ran memtest on both ram stick seperate and together and got no errors, 5 passes with each run.

**My temp never gets abov 55C when gaming and all I really play is sc2. Doesn't seem to be effected by load.

***Also am getting nothing in the windows event log, just windows shutdown was unexpected.

Thanks in advance!!!

More about : random screen lockups

!