Nokia 6310i Upgrade

Does anyone know if there is an upgrade for this piece of junk? On to my
fourth in 14 months.

Must have the necessary bits to fit my carkit
12 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6310i upgrade
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "Eyan The Mackem (oo)" <(oo)@oink.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know if there is an upgrade for this piece of junk? On to my
    > fourth in 14 months.
    >
    > Must have the necessary bits to fit my carkit

    If you hate the phone so much why not just replace the car-kit? I am sure
    that the cost of a new kit is A LOT LESS than the cost of four 6310i.

    -julie

    Eyan The Mackem (oo) wrote:
    > Does anyone know if there is an upgrade for this piece of junk? On
    > to my fourth in 14 months.
    >
    > Must have the necessary bits to fit my carkit

    Junk..??!!! What have you been doing to them..? The 6310i is the best
    phone Nokia have ever made..! I have three and the oldest is 2 years old
    without so much as a scratch on it..! They all work perfectly..!

    Wouldn't use anything else..

    Ivor

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:22:44 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <this.address@notvalid.inv> wrote:

    >Eyan The Mackem (oo) wrote:
    >> Does anyone know if there is an upgrade for this piece of junk? On
    >> to my fourth in 14 months.
    >>
    >> Must have the necessary bits to fit my carkit
    >
    >Junk..??!!! What have you been doing to them..? The 6310i is the best
    >phone Nokia have ever made..! I have three and the oldest is 2 years old
    >without so much as a scratch on it..! They all work perfectly..!
    >
    >Wouldn't use anything else..
    >
    >Ivor

    I've just got one sent to me today and they seem to be a very good
    solid phone I'm quite surprised with it.

    --
    arjftebhcf@jryfutbi.pb.hx<--ROT13 it
    Spam Trap in Header

    Child Birth is hereditary,
    If your parents didn't have any children
    Then the chances are you wont.

    http://borg.no-ip.com

    "Eyan The Mackem (oo)" wrote:

    > Does anyone know if there is an upgrade for this piece of junk? On to my
    > fourth in 14 months.
    >
    > Must have the necessary bits to fit my carkit

    The carkit interface that was used in the 6310i is discontinued. So
    except when you use a bluetooth carkit you're out of luck.

    --
    ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site:
    johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html

    On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:56:59 -0000, "Eyan The Mackem \(oo\)"
    <(oo)@oink.com> wrote:

    >Does anyone know if there is an upgrade for this piece of junk? On to my
    >fourth in 14 months.
    >
    >Must have the necessary bits to fit my carkit

    Are you abusing yours? I've had one for 24 months with no problems at
    all.

    "Ivor Jones" <this.address@notvalid.inv> wrote in message
    > Eyan The Mackem (oo) wrote:
    >> Does anyone know if there is an upgrade for this piece of junk? On
    >> to my fourth in 14 months.
    >>
    >> Must have the necessary bits to fit my carkit
    >
    > Junk..??!!! What have you been doing to them..? The 6310i is the best
    > phone Nokia have ever made..! I have three and the oldest is 2 years old
    > without so much as a scratch on it..! They all work perfectly..!
    >
    > Wouldn't use anything else..
    >
    > Ivor

    Everyone I have had has turned itself off for no reason, it loses its signal
    when my partners 6600 does not even when we are in the same room *orange*

    "Joseph" <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:56:59 -0000, "Eyan The Mackem \(oo\)"
    > <(oo)@oink.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone know if there is an upgrade for this piece of junk? On to my
    >>fourth in 14 months.
    >>
    >>Must have the necessary bits to fit my carkit
    >
    > Are you abusing yours? I've had one for 24 months with no problems at
    > all.

    Funny my business partner has had 1 in 14 months and his is fine.
    No I dont abuse it

    > "Joseph" <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:56:59 -0000, "Eyan The Mackem \(oo\)"
    >> <(oo)@oink.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Does anyone know if there is an upgrade for this piece of junk? On to my
    >>>fourth in 14 months.
    >>>
    >>>Must have the necessary bits to fit my carkit
    >>
    >> Are you abusing yours? I've had one for 24 months with no problems at
    >> all.
    >> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    >>

    > Funny my business partner has had 1 in 14 months and his is fine.
    > No I dont abuse it

    So I am going to replace the phone and car kit

    Which Nokia?

    > So I am going to replace the phone and car kit
    >
    > Which Nokia?

    Exactly my question too. I have a 6310i and am looking for
    a new smaller phone. Orange are wanting £100 for an upgrade
    to a 6230 or pretty much everything else. I'm holding an old
    Everyday 50 account as I use the minutes regularly so the account
    is excellent for me. They are basically holding me to ransom in that
    unless I change my account all upgrade phones are expensive.
    This situation also has been proven by three friends in exactly that
    position. Complete PITA.

    Rv!

    "Matt" <matt@nospam.nzdrumzdotcom> wrote in message news:41eacfcf$1_2@127.0.0.1...
    > Yeah my 6310 does that - it turns off by itself....

    My friend had this before and it was an old battery not doing well with the
    connections. All looked OK but when I swapped his battery for mine
    one day the problem moved to my phone. In the end he bought a new
    battery and the problem was gone.

    Rv!

    "Rv!" <not.a.valid@email.address.invalid> wrote in message

    > "Matt" <matt@nospam.nzdrumzdotcom> wrote in message
    >> Yeah my 6310 does that - it turns off by itself....
    >>

    > My friend had this before and it was an old battery not doing well with
    > the
    > connections. All looked OK but when I swapped his battery for mine
    > one day the problem moved to my phone. In the end he bought a new
    > battery and the problem was gone.
    >
    > Rv!

    Orange said that....New battery sent...

    Same problem