not able to find any server behind router plz help

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

hello

im sitting behuind a router i forwarded ports 27950-27960 to my ip

with the internal serverbrowser im not able to find any server (ase
works ) can anybody tell me if the mistake belongs to the masterserver
to me or to my router??

thx dutu

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:46:15 +0100, dutu <dutu@macnews.de> wrote:

>im sitting behuind a router i forwarded ports 27950-27960 to my ip

You should need to forward ports only if you're running a server. That
applies generally, not only for RTCW.

>with the internal serverbrowser im not able to find any server (ase
>works ) can anybody tell me if the mistake belongs to the masterserver
>to me or to my router??

The internal server browser worked just now for me, although I too usually
use ASE.

Sounds like something's blocking traffic on the relevant ports. Are you
running a "personal firewall", e.g. the one added in WinXP SP2? Could also
be that you messed up the forwarding somehow and incoming traffic's going to
the wrong place: try removing the forwarding.

-- Mat.