Problem with rogers cellular service - Major OUTAGE

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
February 25, 2005 11:21:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

Around 7:00pm today the cellular service in North York area seems to have
dropped off the map. I rebooted my phone 10x. Called the tech support line
at Rogers but it just gives a fast busy thru a landline.

What gives? did Rogers go out of business? Anyone else having these
problems?
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 8:45:04 AM

"G" <hitman247@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<stOdndsNS4euT4LfRVn-sw@rogers.com>...
> Around 7:00pm today the cellular service in North York area seems to have
> dropped off the map. I rebooted my phone 10x. Called the tech support line
> at Rogers but it just gives a fast busy thru a landline.
>
> What gives? did Rogers go out of business? Anyone else having these
> problems?

My phone was out, as was my relatives in Eglinton/Keele area, as was
my bosses out in Pickering. Interestingly, blackberry data services
including PIN messages were not affected so I was able to pin him and
a friend of mine at bell who said they were having "translation"
problems but wouldn't elaborate.

I went into my phone setup, told it to roam onto Microcell and it was
fine.
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 4:21:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

the Pay As You Go Network was down today in Thunder Bay.

It is back now.

"G" <hitman247@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Around 7:00pm today the cellular service in North York area seems to have
> dropped off the map. I rebooted my phone 10x. Called the tech support line
> at Rogers but it just gives a fast busy thru a landline.
>
> What gives? did Rogers go out of business? Anyone else having these
> problems?

Anonymous
February 28, 2005 1:09:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

actually a major switch went down as they were combining the Rogers and Fido
networks...should be fixed now.

!