HDD: Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM
GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N660OC-2GD GeForce GTX 660 2GB
CPU: i5 3570K Ivy Bridge
RAM: G.SKILL Trident 8GB 1600 MHz
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 TR-700 700W
MOBO: MSI Z77A-G45 LGA 1155 Intel Z77
CPU Fan: ARCTIC Alpine 11 Pro Rev 2 CPU Cooler for Intel
Case: Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA

Planning to overclock the CPU and possibly the GPU. Also planning to get another 660 in the future. I have been told that this fan is barely better than the stock, is this true? If so what could replace it? I am also considering changing the motherboard as it has been frequently suggested, but no one has really said why I should. In summation, does everything look decent for a low-mid budget gaming computer?

Solution
Many Thermaltake PSUs are not good. I'm not sure about that one, but why take a chance? I'd go for a 750W Seasonic "X" series PSU if you're going to run two GTX660s.
A better cooler would be the Xigmatek Gaia, which I believe is still only $20 but cools as well as the more expensive Crappermaster Hyper 212 EVO. It is also quieter.
Don't forget the optical drive if you need one.
Many Thermaltake PSUs are not good. I'm not sure about that one, but why take a chance? I'd go for a 750W Seasonic "X" series PSU if you're going to run two GTX660s.
A better cooler would be the Xigmatek Gaia, which I believe is still only $20 but cools as well as the more expensive Crappermaster Hyper 212 EVO. It is also quieter.
Don't forget the optical drive if you need one.

Solution

cabaton

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

Yea I think I am going to take your advice on the fan, that fan looks really nice. I also forgot to mention that I have an optical drive. Are you sure I will need 750W for two GTX660s? How do I do the math for this?