Sign in with
Your question

Building a budget gaming machine help!

Last response: in Systems
December 7, 2012 7:43:01 PM

I am building a budget gaming machine and would love some help. This is what I have so far...

-- http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rn9y --

If you dont like opening up new tabs then here you go...

Spoiler
Intel I5 2500K 4 core processor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO cpu cooler
Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Mushkin Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Signature FTW edition 2GB Video Card
Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case
Thermaltake Toughpower XT 575W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
ony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer optical drive

Id Love any advice on weather this is a good build or what pieces I should upgrade or down grade

I would like to keep it in the 800-850 dollar range
December 7, 2012 8:14:52 PM

if your on a budget then i'd recomend amd but your budget isnt too tight so you can go with intel and a 500gb hdd doesn't really need to be 7200rpm usually you need that once you get to 1tb but they are that much more money

other than that its a good build, if you went with amd you could get a amd 6300 processor that is about the same at stock and can overclock, I've heard it going to 5ghz and its about 50 bucks cheaper and amd boards are usually cheaper but as long as your happy with the price then your good going with amd you could save about 100 bucks but with intel you'll get slightly better performance, hardly noticeable with gaming though.

m
l
December 8, 2012 12:51:02 AM

chairsgotoschool said:
if your on a budget then i'd recomend amd but your budget isnt too tight so you can go with intel and a 500gb hdd doesn't really need to be 7200rpm usually you need that once you get to 1tb but they are that much more money

other than that its a good build, if you went with amd you could get a amd 6300 processor that is about the same at stock and can overclock, I've heard it going to 5ghz and its about 50 bucks cheaper and amd boards are usually cheaper but as long as your happy with the price then your good going with amd you could save about 100 bucks but with intel you'll get slightly better performance, hardly noticeable with gaming though.

I looked into AMD but I am happy with the price of Intel and then performance. Thanks!
m
l
Related resources
December 8, 2012 1:02:11 AM

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rpWD

I would select much better ram (Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x4GB 1600 Mhz for example), but that stupid website makes it hard to find RAM, the way that they've made it. I think this build is much more balanced, with a better power supply, a better CPU to utilise PCIe 3.0, a better motherboard, more HDD space, and what I think a more balanced graphics card.
m
l
December 8, 2012 1:10:31 AM

JJ1217 said:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rpWD

I would select much better ram (Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x4GB 1600 Mhz for example), but that stupid website makes it hard to find RAM, the way that they've made it. I think this build is much more balanced, with a better power supply, a better CPU to utilise PCIe 3.0, a better motherboard, more HDD space, and what I think a more balanced graphics card.

I was thinking about upgrading my ram but I really want to stay close to my 800$ budget, and the rest I will look into thanks!
m
l
December 8, 2012 2:39:33 AM

Michael31 said:
Wow that is a crazy deal

It is in store-only so don't hope on ordering that
m
l
!