Hi, as the thread title suggests, I need a build capable of running ArmA 2, ArmA 3 and DayZ Standalone.
I saw this structure on a few threads, so I'll use it.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming (ArmA 2 and 3, DayZ Standalone) video editing, web browsing and schoolwork
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Under $1000 Australian. Unsure of tax and shipping.
4) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
5) Will you be overclocking?
If need be.
6) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
Max resolution is 1440x900 (hoping to upgrade) 19"
7) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
As soon as I earn the money, not sure when that will be.
8) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
Definitely not sure about most of these, but I know for sure that onboard video will not be my main GPU.
9) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Hey, I'm building a rig for the same games, and I must say, the Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 or 7950 will do you just fine... Since the requirements for the game have recently been released, I think your best option for CPU would be to buy an Intel i5-3570k if you can afford it, as it's a bit faster than the 3470. I'll definitely be buying Arma 3 and the standalone too, so I'll probably be seeing you around!