Controlling winamp inside games

Archived from groups: alt.games.programming,alt.games.wolfenstein,alt.music.mp3.winamp,comp.games.development.audio,comp.games.development.programming.misc (More info?)

Hi,

I was playing RTCW and it would be cool if I could control winamp from
inside my game.

This could be possible by using a OpenGL hack like aimbots do.

GraveDigger had this winamp menu but it's not working

Please let me know if any updates are available or any other software for
controlling winamp from inside games..

Thanks
Bye,
Skybuck.

In article <cnv4cr$v6k$1@news5.zwoll1.ov.home.nl>,
Skybuck Flying <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I was playing RTCW and it would be cool if I could control winamp from
>inside my game.

Winamp 5 has some 'global hotkeys' support that is supposed to
support controlling it from anywhere. Have you tried that?

Nathan Mates
--
<*> Nathan Mates - personal webpage http://www.visi.com/~nathan/
# Programmer at Pandemic Studios -- http://www.pandemicstudios.com/

Archived from groups: alt.games.programming,alt.games.wolfenstein,alt.music.mp3.winamp (More info?)

Nathan Mates wrote:
> In article <cnv4cr$v6k$1@news5.zwoll1.ov.home.nl>,
> Skybuck Flying <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I was playing RTCW and it would be cool if I could control winamp from
>>inside my game.
>

> Winamp 5 has some 'global hotkeys' support that is supposed to
> support controlling it from anywhere. Have you tried that?

i don't know much about winamp, but doesn't it expose a COM or DDE
interface that you can use to query and control it? check out winamp.com
(this should be obvious), and look into those scripts that people use to
display what they are playing in mIRC.

indi

--
#c++ @ irc.rizon.net