Canon 28-135 is usm

Last response: in Digital Camera
May 1, 2005 3:36:32 PM

Feedback required please for the for the Canon 28-135 is usm. Are you happy
with it?
I was going for the 70-200L but the back-focus issue is worrying me.

More about : canon 135 usm

Anonymous
May 1, 2005 3:36:33 PM

"Will" <bill@dodsworth66.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 52bfh$v65$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Feedback required please for the for the Canon 28-135 is usm. Are you
> happy with it?
> I was going for the 70-200L but the back-focus issue is worrying me.

Have the lens, love the lens. It's probably Canon's best non "L" zoom,
IMHO. That being said, if the 70-200 f2.8 L IS USM isn't the next lens I
buy, it'll certainly be the one after that. That one is one of the best
lenses currently in production presently, zoom or fixed focal length,
regardless of mfr.
What camera are you using? The back focus seems to only be an issue on the
20D, and only some of those.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Forget "for the" twice - think I should be buying a better pair of hands
than a lens.

"Will" <bill@dodsworth66.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 52bfh$v65$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Feedback required please for the for the Canon 28-135 is usm. Are you
> happy with it?
> I was going for the 70-200L but the back-focus issue is worrying me.

Related resources
May 1, 2005 4:04:30 PM

"Will" <bill@dodsworth66.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in
news:D 52bfh$v65$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk:

> Feedback required please for the for the Canon 28-135 is usm. Are you
> happy with it?
> I was going for the 70-200L but the back-focus issue is worrying me.

I like mine, better than the 70-200L for 28-69 part of the zoom. I like
the range of the 28-135, I rarely need wider and on my 10D the long end is
pretty reasonable. It actually provides the angle of view of a 45-216 on a
1.6x D-SLR. I have a wider zoom and a longer zoom as well, but use the 28-
135 about 90% of the time. Both my longer zoom and my wider zoom are
cheapies, I notice that the 28-135 is a better lens and has better focusing
(ring-type USM with FTM) and has IS.

The only thing is that I plan to replace my cheap longer zoom with a 70-200
f2.8L IS for when I need more telephoto. What lens you buy depends on what
you need, the 70-200 is infinitely better at 136-200.

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
See my pics at www.gigatech.co.nz (last updated 16-Apr-05)

On Sun, 1 May 2005 11:36:32 +0100, "Will"
<bill@dodsworth66.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Feedback required please for the for the Canon 28-135 is usm. Are you happy
>with it?
>I was going for the 70-200L but the back-focus issue is worrying me.

I've been using a 70-200L on a 20D for the last month and see no
back-focus issue.

"A combat photographer should be able to make you see the
color of blood in black and white"

David Douglas Duncan
Speaking on why in Vietnam
he worked only in black and white
http://www.hrc.utexas.edu/exhibitions/online/ddd/
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 7:36:55 PM

350d

> "Will" <bill@dodsworth66.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:D 52bfh$v65$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> Feedback required please for the for the Canon 28-135 is usm. Are you
>> happy with it?
>> I was going for the 70-200L but the back-focus issue is worrying me.
>>

> Have the lens, love the lens. It's probably Canon's best non "L" zoom,
> IMHO. That being said, if the 70-200 f2.8 L IS USM isn't the next lens I
> buy, it'll certainly be the one after that. That one is one of the best
> lenses currently in production presently, zoom or fixed focal length,
> regardless of mfr.
> What camera are you using? The back focus seems to only be an issue on
> the 20D, and only some of those.
>
> --
> Skip Middleton
> http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Anonymous
May 2, 2005 12:22:16 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about "backfocus," then.

--
news:D 52pii$alh$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...

!