GTX 660 vs GTX 660ti Need some adivce please.

mrmarcdhs

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
Out of those two graphic cards which one should I get or is that $40-80 bucks more for the 660ti worth it or should I downgrade to the 660 to save some money in my rig???. Please explain your answer if you can, Thank you.

mrmarcdhs

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
Will with the rig am getting am also getting a montier. ASUS VH236H Black 23" Full HD Widescreen LCD Monitor w/ Speakers.

Not planning on playing anything really maybe BF3, Movies yes, This is going to be more of work graphic card for me for web design / autocad stuff.

ProVisionOman

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Well 660. Because I dont think AutoCAD supports AMD. Go 660 man. Just go. HeH :)

Autocad is a gpu accelerated program(I would believe). It can be accelerated with any gpu. If it works for AMD firepro)designed for workstations), it will definately work for other amd cards(as they didnt remove computation power, its just less focused in it. A simple google search would correct the statement. more or less, i like how Brutuz of overclocknet puts the cards well into description:

For now, yeah, but GPGPU is only getting more and more popular, especially since Adobe's taking full advantage of it.

I'd say Tahiti is pretty refined, AMD has the one GPU that is a great chip for desktops, GPGPU supercomputers/servers and CAD whereas GK104 is great for desktops and CAD but not so good for GPGPU.