Computer stuck on post

impartial

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
Today I just recieved a new PSU, CPU, Ram, and a Mobo after installing all of it with my existing gfx card and hdd when i power on my system my fans get really loud and the only display I'm getting is the post manufacturer screen. Help I did all my research but couldn't find a solution.

Update - I'm having a black screen now, no more post just black screen -_-

eshepard

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
After the post what happens?? black screen? frozen?

If you are trying to run with your old hard drive, without reformatting, it probably won't work.

Your hard drive might be trying to boot based on your old configuration, with drivers intended for your old hard drive, hence a big fail. assuming you didn't, format the hard drive and do a fresh install.

eshepard

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
As a quick test before you reformat, boot with the hard drive disconnected or disabled, it should move past post to a message that says no boot disk or no sytem disk, it it does, then you know the problem is the old install conflicting with the new set up.

impartial

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
Update - I'm having a new problem now, I'm just having a black screen, no post message or anything, i tried removing the hard drive and it just sits on black screen with the fans running and lights on.