I've been having a graphics issue for a year now that's driving me insane. No other forum has been helpful. Sometimes, but not all the time, my computer will lock up for 15 seconds and my screens will go black. This only happens when tabbing in and out of a full screen game. I have two adjacent monitors, and game on the left one. The following will happen:
1. The left screen will freeze for one second before going black (backlit, still on).
2. The right screen will still display for one more second before also becoming black-backlit.
3. After two seconds of both screens being black, the right one will briefly show the screen again before going black a second time.
4. The right monitor will come back to normal after another second.
5. The left monitor will be back to normal after another second.
- This does not happen all the time, but once it starts, only a restart will fix it.
- I have become paranoid of what causes it, which is inconsistent. It seems to be browser-based flash programs like Google Maps or video players, but Winrar seems to sometimes also cause it.
- Because of the inconsistency, I've gone a week without an issue, or have had it happen three times in one day.
- If the program is windowed and maximized, like I do for WoW, this does not happen. Any game that uses full-screen where I do not want mouse panning to the right screen (SC2, D3, LoL, Tribes, Mechwarrior) is affected.
I'm losing my mind, and no other forum I've been to has solved the issue. Help!
Radeon Sapphire HD 5830
Intel i7-930 @ 2.8
6 gigs RAM
Edit: just to note, I have no graphics issues related to this tabbing. No off-colours or distortions.