I'm an idiot that messed up my resolution

Jassie

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
I'm not gonna go into to much detail as to WHY I was derping around with my resolution settings. But I'm using a TV as a monitor and I was trying to set it to 720p resolution.

I set it to a resolution, nothing showed up on my screen, and I thought I hit backspace which I think makes it revert the change. That was just an assumption of mine.

But it's not stuck on that resolution. I've accidentally done this before and I've always just done a system restore from a recent restore point. I just tried to do one though and it says there's no restore points on my hard drive.

The only option I have right this moment that I can see is reverting it back to the factory settings which means a WHOLE lot of issues I'd rather avoid.

Can someone PLEASE tell me if there's a way to change the resolution in normal mode from Safe Mode(What I'm in now). Otherwise I'm pretty boned.

Edit: Sorry if this is the wrong sub-section. I didn't see anywhere for other stupid issues like this. Unless it would belong in a software forum.

Solution
Try Entering in windows with VGA mode, than change the resolution.

press f8 while booting and select VGA mode instead of Safe mode

For Windows 7 select Enable low-resolution video (640×480).

Try changing your monitor/television to another that supports that resolution, and than change it back.

Try using your motherboard video output (if you have one) and check if you can change resolution from there.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Try Entering in windows with VGA mode, than change the resolution.

press f8 while booting and select VGA mode instead of Safe mode

For Windows 7 select Enable low-resolution video (640×480).

Try changing your monitor/television to another that supports that resolution, and than change it back.

Try using your motherboard video output (if you have one) and check if you can change resolution from there.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS