How do I use my center speaker when playing MP3s?

jammydodger

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2001
I own a soundblaster live player 5.1 soundcard and a set of DTT2200 5.1 speakers, I was wondering if there is any way I can use the center speaker when listening to music files like MP3s even if they are not in .AC3 format. Currently I never really use my center speaker as I dont watch many DVDs on my comp and I dont no where to get .AC3 files from (even if I did they would b huge). A little help would be much apprietiated

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
hmm, try enabling EAX while playing the MP3s. EAX adds echos to make your songs sound 3D.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Novakain

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Switch on CMSS in Creative Playcenter.

With the default skin in player view, with the tray window expanded (the thing with the keypad), You'll see CMSS printed under the ESC key. Click on it, or press Ctrl + n, and it will give you the option to switch it on or off.

jammydodger

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2001
Yeah I tried turning CMMS on, and it sounds good in some songs but not in others, isnt there just someway that creative could just merge the sounds from the left and right channels for the center speaker when palying music rather than having to b cleaver and do all this CMMS stuff which attmepts to make the singers voice come from the center speaker cause this really makes some songs sound crap.