Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Allright. It takes three direct hits from the rocket launcher and about a
ten second burst from the rotary cannon to drop him.

At the beginning of the level, very quickly jump over the right railing and
duck into the lower control room, go to the center and jump up on the
railing. If you do that correctly and quick enough, the soldier will stop
right about where he started. Now, jump back down and go towards the health
packs. If the soldier is positioned correctly, there will be a pillar
between you and him. Move slowly to the right side of the pillar to expose
the back of the soldier. As soon as you see him, he'll see you and take a
step backwards. That's when to nail him with the first rocket (If you wait
too long to get a rocket off, he'll get one off too and yours and his will
intercept). Now, go back into the control room and lure him to the outside
of the window on the far side of the health packs. When he is almost to the
edge of the window, jump up on the railing right in front of him. He will
know you're there but he won't be able to see you so he'll just stop and
look around. Now you can go grab a couple of health packs. Always be alert
of the men who come running to see what all the commotion is. Now when you
are near the health packs, ease over to the right until you see the soldier
then him him again with the rocket. Hit him a third time with the rocket
the same way and he will be slowed down enough to give him a ten second
burst with the rotary cannon and he will fall.

Far cry from simply "shoot him".

--
Stevie Nicks / Fleetwood Mac streaming audio

www.radio17.com

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:30:50 -0600, Bill Gamelson wrote:

> Allright. It takes three direct hits from the rocket launcher and about a
> ten second burst from the rotary cannon to drop him.

And an amazing amount of bullshit in here to get you spoon fed enough to
accomplish it.

<hand-holding bullshit snipped>

> Far cry from simply "shoot him".

Was it really? Isn't that what you actually did? I mean, the
running/dodging/hiding stuff is just natural, and a part of the game.
Isn't it? Do you really need to be told to do that stuff? Sheesh.

Linux Registered User #327951