High-end homebuild setup (yet to build)

Hi there everyone, I'm new to Tom's Hardware but let's dive into the deep end. I've been doing some extensive research into an affordable high-end gaming pc that comes to around £1000 with all peripherals + monitor included. Here's the specs, have a look and let me know what you think and if there's anything you would personally change:
Note: The components in italics have already been bought as they were either on offer or were low in stock.

Case - NZXT Lexa S Case USB3.0 Version
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
Processor - Intel Core i5 3570 3.40GHz Socket 1155 6MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor
Heatsink - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev 2 Socket 775, 1156, 1155, 1366, AM2, AM3 Heatpipe CPU Cooler
Extra Fan - Antec TrueQuiet 140mm Case Fan
RAM - Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Vengeance Memory (blue)
Video Card - Sapphire HD 7870 FleX GHZ Edition 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card
Optical Drive - Samsung SH-S222BB SATA DVD Drive | Retail
Hard-Disk Drive - Seagate 2TB Barracuda Internal Hard Drive
Solid-State Drive - OCZ 60GB Agility 3 SSD
Power Supply Unit - Corsair TX 650W PSU - 80plus Bronze Certified
Wireless Card - TP-Link 300mbps Wireless N Pci Express Adapter

Keyboard - Microsoft SideWinder X4 Gaming Keyboard
Mouse - Sharkoon Drakonia Laser Mouse
Mouse Mat - Sharkoon Drakonia Gaming Mat
Monitor - LG IPS234V-PN 23" LED LCD HDMI IPS Monitor
Speakers - Logitech X-140 Black 2.0 Speakers - 5W RMS

I look forward to hearing some constructive feedback and potential improvements! :)
1 answer Last reply
More about high homebuild setup build
  1. Also, I'd like to get a modular PSU instead of the non-modular one listed. However, all of the modular corsair PSUs have 8-pin CPU power instead of the required 4-pin ATX compliance for the motherboard. Is it possible to just use half of the input and leave the other half hanging over?
Ask a new question

Read More

Systems