Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Problems with GTA iv on Intel HD 4000 Graphics

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 18, 2012 5:10:19 PM

i could play GTA iv with intel 4000 with good playable frames but there is a unique problem. at the start of the game when i m driving the car the graphics are clearly visible and surprisingly the fps r so good. but after going some distance the graphics fade away i mean there's only some grey patches appearing instead of actual graphics. i can keep on driving but there no graphics only grey patches.

These r my system specs:
Intel i7 3770k
Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
Kingston 4GB DDR3 RAM
250 GB HD
Cooler Master 400W Power Supply

I can play Alan Wake Crysis 1 & 2 Modern Warfare 2 & 3 without any problems. i bought this system yesterday and the Game too. also is there a way to play the game without the cd being inserted. Thanks

More about : problems gta intel 4000 graphics

Best solution

October 18, 2012 5:57:59 PM

I had the same problem with 8400Gs, no graphics and eventually it crashed.
Patch fixed it, but still not worth it.
Btw, HD4k will not deliver good gaming experience as it's too weak for that.

And what surprises me is that you have i7, but not a discrete card. Someone is wasting money recourses here?

a b U Graphics card
October 18, 2012 6:14:45 PM

a $330 cpu, $150 motherboard with a $30 PSU?
:pfff: 
m
l
Related resources
October 19, 2012 12:05:32 PM

Best answer selected by uchihaobito.
m
l
October 19, 2012 12:20:26 PM

Thanks for replying. i always wanted to have an i7 cpu, i mean they r very powerful right? i m going 2 buy a graphic card next month. but i dont know which one 2 select. my budget is $300 and i dont want 2 spend much on electricity bills. a powerfull card with low power usage. i will upgrade the PS to 500W.

and where can i find the patch for gta iv.
m
l
October 19, 2012 12:27:36 PM

yeah i messed up on the configuration big time. but i wanted 2 see for myself the performance of an i7 3770 cpu and bcoz i was on a budget i had 2 sacrifice on rest of the components. is the mobo good enough in this price range i mean r there any other mobo's better than this in this range?
m
l
October 26, 2012 6:37:34 AM

uchihaobito said:
i could play GTA iv with intel 4000 with good playable frames but there is a unique problem. at the start of the game when i m driving the car the graphics are clearly visible and surprisingly the fps r so good. but after going some distance the graphics fade away i mean there's only some grey patches appearing instead of actual graphics. i can keep on driving but there no graphics only grey patches.

These r my system specs:
Intel i7 3770k
Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
Kingston 4GB DDR3 RAM
250 GB HD
Cooler Master 400W Power Supply

I can play Alan Wake Crysis 1 & 2 Modern Warfare 2 & 3 without any problems. i bought this system yesterday and the Game too. also is there a way to play the game without the cd being inserted. Thanks

Yes, you can play without the disk if you replace GTAIVLauncher.exe with the steam version of the file. It skips the disk check and you don't need steam installed, just the file. Here's a vid I made showing how to do it, its pretty straight forward, copy and paste the file from the description where the original launcher is and run it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FLUOKSVU6c
m
l
!