Really stumped....

Gruntgeek

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I have a problem that strikes me very odd... :heink:

First off here are my specs:

Core to duo 1.86mhz (overclocked to 2.4)
GeForce GTX 550 Ti
2 gigs of RAM OCZ gold plated
Corsair VX 550w PSU
EVGA X79 SLI mobo

So, a while back I had to replace my heat sink due to overheating. After it was replaced the PC worked
perfect and is now at a good temperature. About a month later, I restart my computer after installing a
software, and I get the "No Signal" sign and my monitor goes black. After attempting to reseat every piece
of hardware and a swapping pieces to test what was faulty, the pieces worked fine. I also used two other monitors
and had no success.

The next day I turn it on and it magically just starts to work and the monitor catches the signal....
So about 2 weeks later it does the same thing but this time not after a restart, but while I was
playing a game. Once again, "No Signal"

I Have pretty much tried everything on the Forums about getting the black screen and all the
methods they recommend, but none seem to work for me. I know all my pieces are working fine
I'm so confused.

Any ideas? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Well I would think power supply, video card, cpu, motherboard in that order as any one of those could cause this. It is easy to check video card if you have another laying around. Try undoing your overclock or turning it down a bit and test that also.

Thent

spleenbegone

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
I've seen this problem before on people with high overclocked 550ti's. Restarting the computer generally fixes it for a bit, but the only real solution is to lower the overclock on the graphics card.

Gruntgeek

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

Nope only my CPU is oc'ed I haven't touched anything on my GTX cause I knew it would just medd with it. Could it really be the Corsiar PSU? It has been nothing but great to me :(

Forgot to mention all the LED lights are lite up like normal. keyboard turns on, mouse lights up and speakers turn on.