Overburning with Plextor and Nero 5.564

G

Has anyone tried overburning with the Plextor 12/10/32? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. After reading from Tom's Hardware Page about overburning CD's, I wanted to try it for myself. I think I have everything enabled for overburning in File -> Pref -> Expert Features area for overburning but every time I try to burn, it just says that there is not enough space for the media and to insert a media that does hold enough. I'm trying to burn a 712MB file onto an 80min 700MB CD but it won't let me overburn... here's the article I was trying to follow but still didn't work:
http://www6.tomshardware.com/storage/01q3/010830/index.html
Thanks to anyone that can help! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Snoopy
Terrorists Win!

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
When it says "not enough room to burn" and it kicks the cdrom *out* to you?

Nero does some really strange stuff sometimes. Just push the cdrom back in, and click the 'Overburn' button to get it started.

G

It doesn't even give me the option of saying, "Yes, I want to overburn." It just gives me a "cancel" button that makes it cancel the burning process. :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Snoopy
Terrorists Win!

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Sounds like you've not gone into 'properties', enabled the overburning, *and* set the overburn time to 95minutes or something. The option to overburn will be there on a plex 12x.

G

Have you switched from the wizard mode to the classical mode? In the classical mode, you should be able to select
"No Multisession", "Disc-at-once" writing method, and "Finalize CD". With theses settings, i think it should work.