I need to replace my ATI Rage 128 where can I buy one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oznog

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I have a ATI RAGE 128 graphics card that needs replaced however I dont know where to find one because of its age and Im not sure how to indentify exactly which one I have since the only information on the card is the P/N number and S/N number neither of which help me when I search the web.

Solution
well you'd only need to find out what interface the card has, is it PCI or AGP and which version exactly... though hunting down a new or used card might be a bit of work.
take a look at these, and compare the card or the slot on the mobo
800px-PCI_Keying.png

424px-AGP_%26_AGP_Pro_Keying.svg.png

edit also you could try your luck with GPU-Z, though I'm not sure if it will identify such an old card correctly.
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Oznog

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

I dont need that exact card just one that will work with my old computer, however I dont know how to tell what will work with my computer which is why I was looking for the same card. Heck I dont know how to tell what exact card I have since like I said the card only has serial number and a P/N number but I cant find a way of using them to help me indentify my card.

Kari

Splendid
well you'd only need to find out what interface the card has, is it PCI or AGP and which version exactly... though hunting down a new or used card might be a bit of work.
take a look at these, and compare the card or the slot on the mobo
800px-PCI_Keying.png

424px-AGP_%26_AGP_Pro_Keying.svg.png

edit also you could try your luck with GPU-Z, though I'm not sure if it will identify such an old card correctly.
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Solution
^ True, but the OP needs to identify which AGP slot is there, newer 1.5 and .8 volt cards will fry in a 3.3 volt slot (and in some cases they will fit, not all AGP cards/slots were correctly keyed).
@ Megamanx00: Yep, Ebay or Craiglist sound like the places to start although the OP could also try entering 'used computers' into his search engine, I know there is places that sell this old stuff, I just have no links. The OP could retro game, Unreal and Quake 2 play nicely on a TNT 2 card ;)

Oznog

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

Thank you and everyone else for all the help. The "chart" you posted will be very helpful as soon as I pull the card out again to compare it, although I think its 3.3v I want to be sure. However do to my health issues it may take a while longer before I get it apart again. Anyway thanks again to everyone for there help

Status
Not open for further replies.