7850 overclocking issues

Got this 7850
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161406

Overclocking has led to 1100/1250 at 1.16v stable, kombustor going up to 76c. I can get to 1150/1300 but it take 1.25v to be stable and temps going up to 83-84c. Higher clocks cause bsod crashes. Is this good clocks and temps for a 7850. I was expecting a bit more. Was considering rma'ing it and trying out a sapphire 7850 but dont know how newegg will handle this kind of return.

Thanks in advance for input.
6 answers Last reply
More about 7850 overclocking issues
  1. Not all overclocks are guaranteed. I have a 7850 and am happy with it running at 1 ghz. It will go farther, but this is for everyday use. I would be happy you got as far as you did. I'm not sure newegg will RMA it if nothing is wrong with it.
  2. Which 7850 do you have specifically? That looks like a normal overclock for the stock heatsink.
  3. it is the one in the link
  4. maybe i just read too many "awesome" results and feel mine are lackluster. The temps are what concern me also, im bumping the voltage by .03 from stock and getting 71-73 at lower overclock while playing GW2.
  5. Sorry, samdbtoo, my bad.

Yeah, looks like a pretty normal overclock for the stock heatsink that you have.
  6. maestro0428 said:
    Not all overclocks are guaranteed. I have a 7850 and am happy with it running at 1 ghz. It will go farther, but this is for everyday use. I would be happy you got as far as you did. I'm not sure newegg will RMA it if nothing is wrong with it.

I've been approved for a full refund rma but have yet to decide if i should bother. With that being said I have no idea what happens once a RMA for a gpu is received, for all I know they simply test to see if it works and if it does they ship it back to you or they just ship it to HIS.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking LED Monitor Graphics Product