Will an athlon ii x2 bottleneck a gtx 460?

Simple as the title, if I have a pc using an Athlon ii x2 dual core CPU and a GTX 460 graphics card, will the gtx 460 be bottlenecked by the cpu?
11 answers Last reply
More about will athlon bottleneck
  1. Some added info, at both resolutions of 1280x1024 and 1920x1080 is what I'm asking about.
  2. It depends on the games you are playing.
  3. Guild Wars 2, Skyrim, Battlefield 3. All latest games. Borderlands2.
  4. Then yet, it probably would. Not to say it wouldn't work, but you would have to turn down some settings.
  5. dual cores are dead

drop a quad in that motherboard when you get a chance
  6. apache_lives said:
    dual cores are dead

drop a quad in that motherboard when you get a chance

Not what I asked. And you can still play many games on dual cores.
  7. from what i heard most games will run on a dual core. battlefield wont it hardly boots on most dual cores but you should be able to play most on lowest, heck i play most games maxed out on a phenom triple core note its not a phenom II just a phenom triple core 2.1ghz cool thing is you can easily and cheaply upgrade assuming your mobo isnt like mine and will only use the processor it shipped with.

before i got my triple core i had a laptop with a single core 2.1ghz and i played all games on low but it ran star craft 2 and borderlands 1 surprisingly at 20 ish fps
  8. ArcticWonder said:
    Not what I asked. And you can still play many games on dual cores.

Unfortunately, not the ones you've listed.
  9. Soda-88 said:
    Unfortunately, not the ones you've listed.

umm are you drunk, all of them will besides battlefield 3
  10. chairsgotoschool said:
    umm are you drunk, all of them will besides battlefield 3

Even bf3 will at lowered settings. But anyways. Thansk everyone I know what I need to know.
  11. Well, if you are playing multiplayer, it should go alright. Dual cores are not obsolete. I run a Celeron G530, and that thing plays almost every game I've tried to throw at it thus far.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Gtx Bottleneck Graphics Cards CPUs Dual Core Systems